Talk

Advanced search

Henry hoovers

(29 Posts)
ChablisLover Sun 14-Oct-12 20:57:32

So are they better than a dyson

I'm falling out with my dyson - it's 8 years old and is truly crap on my carpets these days

Was looking at Henry's and they seem to get excellent reviews

So would you recommend it? If not, what would you recommend as the best Hoover

Thanks

Elkieb Sun 14-Oct-12 21:04:00

I loved my Henry, it lasted 15years and only died because my husband dropped him down the stairs. Given a Hoover by my mum but when I get any excuse I'll be buying a new one.

fanoftheinvisibleman Sun 14-Oct-12 21:07:21

I like my Henry. We were bought a Dyson as a wedding present and ditched it after a year for the cheap electrolux we already had. I hated the Dyson.

AnyaKnowIt Sun 14-Oct-12 21:07:31

I love my Henry

zombieplanmum Sun 14-Oct-12 21:08:52

I have a hetty, i love her hate dyson with a vengance, they are wonderful the first few times you use them then they are just shit shit shit.

ChablisLover Sun 14-Oct-12 21:17:05

Thanks all

Think I've made up my mind.

Do they work well on thick piled carpet? We have quite a thick pile in the bedroom and the lounge rug is thick too. Had to use the curtain attachment on the dyson to get the threads/fluff etc lifted from them.

zombieplanmum Sun 14-Oct-12 21:23:42

They do one with a pet hair attachment I think, that might be useful for thick piles but i can tell you, nothing sucks like my hetty!

zombieplanmum Sun 14-Oct-12 21:24:28

i think those ones are called george smile

PumpkInDublic Sun 14-Oct-12 21:24:47

I've noticed a lot of shops and pubs use them. They must be good if they can keep a carpet that gets that much wear out of it in good shape. Also they have lovely long cords so you can plug in and do a very large space.

Jellykat Sun 14-Oct-12 21:29:32

I clean holiday cottages in the summer, one of them has a Dyson, its so useless i take my Henry to use.

If you get a Henry with a turbo switch it'll suck anything off everything smile You also get 3 attachments with a Henry, as well as the 2 different brush lengths on the normal end thingy IYSWIM.

I love my Henry!

cece Sun 14-Oct-12 21:33:45

Mine is fab. I got it after having builders in. I noticed they all had one to clean up the builder's dust. Plus professional cleaners in offices/schools etc all seem to have them.

So I got it about 10 years ago. It is still great. I even hoover the patio with it occasionally...

ChablisLover Sun 14-Oct-12 21:39:13

Thanks all

Have just ordered it

It's quite sad to be excited about a Hoover isn't it? grin

AllPastYears Sun 14-Oct-12 21:42:02

We have a George, but to be honest it's very very like the Vax we had previously, but not quite as well designed as the Vax (two wheels instead of four, so it falls over more easily, and the washing attachments take up more room in the cupboard).

MissRee Sun 14-Oct-12 21:43:01

Yep, when we had a load of building work done, we bought a Henry to get all the building dust up as I didn't want my Dyson getting "ruined". The Henry did an awesome job and I now favour it over the Dyson!

DP works for a tool hire company and they have a fleet of around 100 Henrys that they hire out to building contractors. They never rarely need to replace them!!!

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sun 14-Oct-12 21:43:27

I'm the lone voice saying I hate mine. It sucks ok but that is about it's only good point.

AllPastYears Sun 14-Oct-12 21:51:33

Incidentally, I got fed up of trying to track down replacement bags locally and having to order them online, so I bought a reusable cloth bag which is going great, might be this one but not sure.

cece Sun 14-Oct-12 22:28:16

I buy replacement bags from Tesco - own brand ones. They work fine.

theredhen Mon 15-Oct-12 21:07:31

Henry hoovers are lovely. Simple but they just work! I used to be able to Hoover my old house in one go without having to unplug. smile

ChablisLover Mon 15-Oct-12 21:40:50

It's arriving tomorrow

Saving all hoovering till then !

PeazlyPops Tue 16-Oct-12 00:05:53

I loved my Henry when I had hard floors, but it was rubbish once I got carpets, and it doesn't bring the pile up.

CalamityKate Tue 16-Oct-12 00:30:21

They're ok for hard floors but crap for carpets as they don't have a revolving brush. Also they are very keen to turn turtle if you try to go round a corner in a way that displeases them.

Can't be doing with them at all. That goes for Hetty too; her innocent eyelash-ed eyes hide the soul of a petulant child.

noisytoys Tue 16-Oct-12 10:45:46

I love our Henry. It's 9 years old and good as new. We get replacement bags very cheap from wilkinsons and its the only Hoover I have met whose noise doesn't scare the baby smile

PumpkInDublic Tue 16-Oct-12 11:18:56

Calamity your post has me shaking with laughter.

"in a way that displeases them"

Gold.

Inneedofbrandy Tue 16-Oct-12 11:22:26

I love my henry to, but I have hard floor everywhere apart from one lone rug. Does a rather excellent job on the evil hama beads!

ChablisLover Tue 16-Oct-12 20:50:42

I'm in love

Henry came today and managed the living room rug and hall runner no problems

Even dh is impressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now