Talk

Advanced search

can you recommend a good sandwich toaster?

(12 Posts)
aladdinsane Sun 14-Oct-12 08:33:44

Our sandwich toaster has given up. The clip has been broken for ages and is very flimsy and DH put the plates in the dishwasher and they are no longer non-stick
I have looked on amazon and they all get terrible reviews. Ours was a breville and gets the best reviews but, as the clip is so flimsy, I am reluctant to but another
Can anyone recommend one please

MikeLitorisBites Sun 14-Oct-12 08:36:07

I just bought the Ginoee d'acampo one from Argos. It's more like a grill/panini press but it's very good.

It was £29.99

aladdinsane Sun 14-Oct-12 08:38:11

I've looked at the pannini type press but do they seal the sandwich like a traditional sandwich toaster?

TirednessKills Sun 14-Oct-12 08:44:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fussychica Sun 14-Oct-12 12:14:54

After having a cheapie one in Spain I bought a £5 one from Asda when when came back. I works great, seals the sandwiches and if it conks out or gets too mucky I'll just dump it and buy a new one. Used to have a breville and although it flimsier than that the results are pretty much the same.

LadySybildeChocolate Sun 14-Oct-12 12:18:02

I have a breville cow. It's terrible. I've tried re-coating the 'non stick' plates but it shreds the bread so all I get is a mess. sad

HorridHeffalumpsWickedWoozles Sun 14-Oct-12 12:20:09

I use our George Forman for toasties, its great and v easy to clean. Only thing is it won't do the 'seal' that an actual toastie maker will.

MikeLitorisBites Sun 14-Oct-12 12:49:59

It doesn't seal the sandwich as such nut we still have beans etc in them.

I'm making dd1 a cheese bean and ham toasting as we speak.

Yankeecandlequeen Fri 19-Oct-12 10:15:06

I also use George for toasties!

HollyBollyBooBoo Sun 21-Oct-12 12:57:55

I just use a frying pan to make toasties, I don't understand why you'd need a special device?

ClaimedByMe Sun 21-Oct-12 13:01:57

We have just had cheese and onion toasties made on george!

SauvignonBlank Sun 21-Oct-12 20:22:06

Ditto for using George Forman - you don't end up with those inedible crusty bits either. Just use in the same way, butter the outside. One less appliance too, if you've already got a George, and no limits on bread size and shape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now