Talk

Advanced search

what do you do with your old duvet covers and pillows?

(12 Posts)
JustMeAndTwo Sat 13-Oct-12 16:48:04

our school's bag2school thingy won't take them, they really are past washing; I want to buy new ones

any ideas? or is it just the local dump?

PumpkInDublic Sat 13-Oct-12 19:59:13

If you're crafty you could make smaller scatter cushions, a clippy mat or draught excluders.

If not and they are past any use try your local animal shelter, they are usually pleased to have extra blankets and bedding as they do go through a lot.

fussychica Sun 14-Oct-12 12:18:01

If they are past giving to a Charity shop animal shelters will usually take them. Also if you have a clothes recycling bin at your supermarket you could use that as rags fetch a good price for charities.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 15-Oct-12 07:56:59

I was going to say pet beds or draught exluders too.

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 15-Oct-12 07:59:21

Animal shelters, mainly, or keep them for spare bet beds/blankets depending how many we have.

Zombieminx Mon 15-Oct-12 08:00:11

Our council (Colchester) has a fabric recycling scheme which I think also involves the Salvation Army, they have bins at the bigger supermarkets.

Is there anything similar in your area?

nagynolonger Mon 15-Oct-12 08:06:00

I give them to the Salvation Army. If they are badly worn we keep them to cover the floor when we are decorating and then bin them.

nagynolonger Mon 15-Oct-12 08:09:52

I am using old pillows to stuff the Guy for the village bonfire. I can't see anyone wanting old pillows we normally burn them or stick them in the bin.

nagynolonger Mon 15-Oct-12 08:11:39

Just read other posts! Maybe there is a use for old pillows.

JustMeAndTwo Mon 15-Oct-12 10:30:58

Thanks for all your posts smile

I have a friend who works in an animal rescue centre so have emailed her to ask if they will be useful to her.

Didn't think the supermarket places took duvets (only clothes/materials etc) but I'm going to double check this now

JustMeAndTwo Mon 15-Oct-12 10:31:34

You see I'm having a big clear out post ex and really don't want to keep them or reuse them myself smile

Jenijena Tue 16-Oct-12 14:30:56

Our tip has fabric recycling, fabrics get shredded and used for stuffing etc. - better than just junking?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now