Talk

Advanced search

i need a cheap washing machine, mainly i like a 1 hour wash. .. can anyoe recommend one?

(7 Posts)
slartybartfast Sat 13-Oct-12 10:35:25

any longer than an hour is too much i think

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sat 13-Oct-12 10:39:39

We have recently bought a cheap Indesit. It's only a 1000 spin speed but I just spin twice if I'm not tumble drying. It has a 15 min rapid wash which is brilliant for freshening non stained but just worn clothes. Bought from tesco direct.

RemindMeWhatSleepIs Sat 13-Oct-12 10:47:27

I bought the Beko excellence WMB 71442w seven months ago when my old washing machine broke 4 days before I gave birth to my 2nd child. confused

It's great. It's quick wash with extra rinse is 45 mins. Also normal wash is 1hr and 20 mins which I use for more heavily soiled stuff.

An added bonus is that my 2.5yr old DD hasn't worked out it's child lock yet ( you have to press 2 buttons at once).

slartybartfast Sat 13-Oct-12 10:52:51

thanks thats helpful

Bunbaker Sat 13-Oct-12 11:06:52

I have just looked on the Which website and the best cheapest machines arel Indesit and Beko. Beko are generally more reliable than Indesit though.

"A short wash sometimes takes as little as 30 minutes but usually you’ll have to reduce the amount of clothes in a load. Typically a quick program will take between 1kg to 3kg of clothes – roughly the difference between washing two pairs and six pairs of jeans." (Which)

I hope this helps

slartybartfast Sat 13-Oct-12 11:17:51

thanks

RemindMeWhatSleepIs Sat 13-Oct-12 14:31:20

The Beko described above has a basic quick wash cycle that is 39 mins. IMO this works better if the "extra rinse" button is pressed making it 45 mins.

Also I bought that model on the recommendation of a friend who mends washing machines. He says they are the easiest and cheapest to mend if they go wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now