Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Carpet cleaner left a smell

(5 Posts)
ALittleBitOfMagic Fri 12-Oct-12 16:51:27

I had my carpets professionally cleaned two days ago and ever since they have dried my house smells of sour milk ! Any ideas how I can get rid of the smell I'm due a dc in 3 weeks so really don't want to have to replace it .

PigletJohn Fri 12-Oct-12 16:58:05

it is most often because the carpet or underlay is not yet fully dry. Open the windows and let the air blow through.

Carpets dry from fresh air, not from heat.

ALittleBitOfMagic Fri 12-Oct-12 19:39:59

I've tried open windows but the house still stinks . It's too cold to keep them open all day I've had them open as much as I can . I think I might phone the cleaner and say to them about it but I doubt they will care . I know I'm going to end up having to rip the carpet up . Not happy sad

Selks Fri 12-Oct-12 19:46:21

How about hiring a dehumidifier for a few days to dry them out thoroughly and see if that helps with the smell? Would be cheaper than ripping them up!

Sunflower6 Sat 13-Oct-12 22:01:33

This happened to me recently the smell went within a week. Someone on here also recommended sprinkling bicarbonate of soda on the carpet leaving it overnight and then hoovering it up - that worked on the worst smelling carpet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now