Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me your washing machine- if it's a good one.

(9 Posts)
maryquant Fri 12-Oct-12 13:54:41

My washer died on Tuesday .
Need a new one -7kg load- can't do the machines with mega big 9kg loads because of the space in the utility room that it needs to fit into.
Would like a high spin speed 1400 or so as use the tumble dryer a fair bit.
My first ever machine was a Zanussi lasted 13 years...then had a Bosch lasted 2 years young baby at the time so bought the first machine that could be delivered quickest a Candy I think....it was shortlived. My current Hot point has done 5 years.
What have you got and why do you like it?
I don't want loads of different cycles.just a good hot wash and a quick wash are mostly the ones I use.
Budget £500...so think Miele is out

Abzs Fri 12-Oct-12 15:08:00

John Lewis own brand. Ours is 6 years old and no problems yet (by saying that have clearly just jinxed it, the way things are going today...).

Molehillmountain Fri 12-Oct-12 19:03:43

I know you didn't have much fun with Bosch, but we've just bought one for £300 ish as recommended by the repair man who couldn't help out 13year old zanussi. He said if not Bosch then zanussi but not hot point. Bosch have got a £100 cash back on at the mo I think. We missed it by a day sad

FrumpyPumpy Fri 12-Oct-12 19:05:40

Was going to recommend Bosch also, on second, but first lasted 6 heavy use years...

MarianForrester Fri 12-Oct-12 19:08:14

I've got an LG direct drive one, which I am very pleased with. Lots of programmes, quiet, clothes nice and clean.

And was £300 and something pounds from dixons online, who also took the old one away. Seems to be coping with the many loads per day too. Sometimes I feel sorry for it...grin

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 12-Oct-12 19:09:36

LG Direct drive here too, recently swapped from a Bosch which gave good service but teh LG is so much quieter and it has a 10 year warranty on it's motor. The cleaning capabilities are much better than the Bosch's were.

Acumens100 Fri 12-Oct-12 19:14:43

If you want one, you can probably get a Miele on clearance for £500. Frex here

My Miele is bloody brilliant, has to be said.

yestennis Sun 14-Oct-12 16:20:55

I have a Miele machine and it is absolutely brilliant. I have had it 15 years and it hasn't gone wrong once!!! if you can stretch to it then they are brilliant machines!!! They have come down in price since I bought mine, it was £800.00 but you can get them for around £500.00 now.

piprabbit Sun 14-Oct-12 16:23:11

My Bosch has been fantastic. 12 years old and still going strong, although we did spend £15 replacing the carbon brushes on the motor a couple of weeks back (did it ourselves).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now