Talk

Advanced search

Stain slayers - please help me get ds's school shirts clean!!

(5 Posts)
headfairy Tue 09-Oct-12 21:17:00

We're only three weeks in to the term and ds's shirts look terrible! They have to wear blooming logoed polo shirts so it's not like I can go and buy hundreds from Tesco and throw them away each week.

Today ds came home with a massive black smear on the front of his shirt, he says he fell on a black bit of the playground (wtf??), I've washed it twice now, dabbed it with neat bleach, used Vanish stain treatment, some Dr Beckmann spray on stain stuff and chucked a load of soda crystals in the wash each time I've washed it but it's still there, as are the various other grubby stains on two other shirts that have gone through the same process!!! Do I really have to spend £30 every three weeks on new shirts or is there some genius stain treatment I can use?

fossil97 Wed 10-Oct-12 09:09:19

You get used to them being stained. Try to think of school uniform as industrial workwear for aggressive dirty environments rather than an immaculate dress parade uniform. The purpose of it IMO is to stop all the "home" clothes from getting ruined.

They do get slightly less stain-prone as they get older, Reception is notorious for marker pens.

MarjorieAntrobus Wed 10-Oct-12 09:22:12

Wise words, fossil.

In short, OP, just don't bother.

fossil97 Wed 10-Oct-12 09:32:36

This is my tip - keep one set of uniform tops in the cupboard until school photo day (normally about this time) so you have one clean set for the picture1

headfairy Wed 10-Oct-12 10:53:17

I did wonder if I should just accept it will get trashed. I suppose if it's washed on a hot wash at least I'll know it's relatively hygienic. Top tip about the school photo though, thanks for that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now