Steam mop recommendation

(6 Posts)
louise2011 Wed 03-Oct-12 07:22:49

Steam mop- are they worth the price?
Could you recommend one?

dexter73 Wed 03-Oct-12 08:47:45

I would recommend this Lakeland mop.

Maryz Wed 03-Oct-12 08:52:59

I would recommend saving your money, and buying a normal mop and a bottle of wine.

[bitter]

I didn't discover until after I bought mine that you have to clean the floors before you use them, otherwise they leave smears all over it. And they are no use for wooden floors, and they don't get properly into corners, and they have loads of bits that have to be stored and they don't fit properly into cupboards, and then they break and, and, and ...

<and breathe>

can you tell I'm not a fan?

dexter73 Wed 03-Oct-12 11:42:10

Mine is brilliant - leaves no smears and is much easier than mopping. The Lakeland one is just a mop and doesn't have any parts to store. It is quite small and fits behind my kitchen door next to the broom. I love it and would never go back to a normal mop now.

louise2011 Wed 03-Oct-12 13:14:59

Mixed reviews then! I have 3 under 5 & my tiled floors get filthy. They need cleaned daily & never look 'glistening'. My grout looks filthy & I saw a wonderful ad on qvc that promised my brand new floor look!wink

Maryz Wed 03-Oct-12 13:18:07

I saw that ad too.

[even more bitter]

Maybe it's just me. I'm shite at housework.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now