Talk

Advanced search

dark petrol blue sofas, pale laminate "wood" floor ... what paint for the walls?

(6 Posts)
colditz Mon 01-Oct-12 21:08:25

I don't have the option to get rid of the sofas or the flooring, as I'm on a budget. What colour would benice for the walls and would you put a rug downh, and if so, can you find me one?

chubbychipmonk Mon 01-Oct-12 22:05:31

I would stick to neutral colour on walls as your sofa sounds like a bold colour, maybe a cream colour on walks or one of the Dulux off white ones with a touch of the blue through it, rug to match your suite and some nice blue accessories like candies, vases etc. . Ta da!

Viperidae Mon 01-Oct-12 22:16:43

Our friends have exactly that and have kept the walls a warm off-white. They have added warm, yet muted, colours with turkish-y rugs and accessories. The room looks good.

sedgieloo Wed 03-Oct-12 13:03:40

Worth trying the property/DIY board. Also try houzz site/app and put in search with petrol blue light wood and may help with ideas. How about white walls with a retro lime or orange painted feature wall. Apparently feature wall papered is dated but painted is edgy! Or more shades of teal taking the petrol into more greeny/bluey pastures as another nice mid-century retro modern colour palette. Or a mustard yellow for another contrast that might still work with the wood if it leans yellow also.

Showtime Wed 03-Oct-12 14:15:59

You need a pale neutral which tones well with the floors for the walls, no mention of curtains ? but I'd use a softer version of petrol sofa colour, and use your favourite colour as accent - I believe rooms need four colours to look good, however small quantities.
Yes, you'll need a rug, but you'll know it when you see it...

fuckadoodlepoopoo Wed 03-Oct-12 14:37:18

Light grey? Stone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now