Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning oiled wood floor - how can it be this confusing?!

(7 Posts)
RationalBrain Sun 30-Sep-12 22:04:03

We've just had a uv oiled engineered oak floor put down, and I'm trying to work out how to clean it (don't laugh, I'm not a clean freak, but I don't want to knacker this blooming expensive floor). I've googled and searched on here with no real luck.

I can work out it goes hoover or sweep (which hoover...a whole other minefield...!), then microfiber mop with a cleaning product occasionally. But what product? The cleaning products I can see (eg ecover, method) say not to use on oiled wood.

Any advice? Ta

PigletJohn Sun 30-Sep-12 22:27:53

If it is engineered wood, it was made in a factory. Try to find out the brand name or the supplier, and ask them.

RationalBrain Mon 01-Oct-12 11:54:21

Always with the sensible reply piglet! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks

wishingchair Mon 01-Oct-12 14:10:44

Dr Beckmann Hardwood and Parquet Floor cleaner. Works on sealed and unsealed wood. That's what we always used on our oiled wood floor and it was fine.

JustinL Tue 23-Oct-12 09:44:21

We have oiled/waxed flooring best cleaning product is this http://www.woca.info/woodcare/floor/natural-soap.php. The soap is an everyday cleaner and it nourishes the wood.

We tend to mop twice a week and hoover everyday. You can purchase it through Amazon, not cheap but lasts for ages.

RationalBrain Tue 23-Oct-12 12:18:50

Thanks - that's what we ended up buying. Have also got a little rechargable hoover that I can 'sweep' with regularly, and a microfibre mop for dusting afterwards, or mopping once in a blue moon. I am slightly amazed you mop twice a week!

Snifferjelly Sun 04-Feb-18 00:39:35

Followed the advice given above and bought woca wood soap I have oiled engineered wood in the kitchen which I have cleaned twice with the woca wood soap. I followed the instructions to the letter but the flooring has now become dull. It's lost it's sheen. I have looked hard for advice on the internet to no avail and floors 4 you can't help. Anyone out there solved the same problem? I'd be grateful for advice on a product which would return the sheen.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: