Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning oiled wood floor - how can it be this confusing?!

(6 Posts)
RationalBrain Sun 30-Sep-12 22:04:03

We've just had a uv oiled engineered oak floor put down, and I'm trying to work out how to clean it (don't laugh, I'm not a clean freak, but I don't want to knacker this blooming expensive floor). I've googled and searched on here with no real luck.

I can work out it goes hoover or sweep (which hoover...a whole other minefield...!), then microfiber mop with a cleaning product occasionally. But what product? The cleaning products I can see (eg ecover, method) say not to use on oiled wood.

Any advice? Ta

PigletJohn Sun 30-Sep-12 22:27:53

If it is engineered wood, it was made in a factory. Try to find out the brand name or the supplier, and ask them.

RationalBrain Mon 01-Oct-12 11:54:21

Always with the sensible reply piglet! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks

wishingchair Mon 01-Oct-12 14:10:44

Dr Beckmann Hardwood and Parquet Floor cleaner. Works on sealed and unsealed wood. That's what we always used on our oiled wood floor and it was fine.

JustinL Tue 23-Oct-12 09:44:21

We have oiled/waxed flooring best cleaning product is this http://www.woca.info/woodcare/floor/natural-soap.php. The soap is an everyday cleaner and it nourishes the wood.

We tend to mop twice a week and hoover everyday. You can purchase it through Amazon, not cheap but lasts for ages.

RationalBrain Tue 23-Oct-12 12:18:50

Thanks - that's what we ended up buying. Have also got a little rechargable hoover that I can 'sweep' with regularly, and a microfibre mop for dusting afterwards, or mopping once in a blue moon. I am slightly amazed you mop twice a week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now