Talk

Advanced search

Life on the edge! I need a new duvet!

(4 Posts)
IcanandIwill Sat 29-Sep-12 19:19:04

I know it's Saturday night and I'm even boring myself but I need a new duvet. I want something lovely that will last but I'm allergic to feathers. Any suggestions? Oh and it needs to be super king size!

chocolatespiders Sun 30-Sep-12 22:05:14

I got my latest one from Dunelm miln (sp) the y have a sample of them all hanging out so you can have a good feel of them.

BornToFolk Sun 30-Sep-12 22:10:49

Get a wool one. I love mine. Actually it's two, one thin and one thick (though neither are v thick) that popper together to create a super-duvet!
It's lovely, cool in the summer, warm in the winter. I had a cheap, polyester one before and used to wake up all sweaty and horrible in the night but the wool one seems to keep me at the perfect temp.

The downsides are 1) slight sheepy smell when new. I like it but can imagine it would put some people off. It's gone away now (after about 6 months of use). 2) size. Mine is supposed to be standard double size but it's slightly bigger so is a bit of a bugger to get into the cover 3) cost. It was more expensive than a feather duvet but I see it as an investment.

IcanandIwill Mon 01-Oct-12 14:17:36

Thanks trip to dunelm and googling wool duvets it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now