Talk

Advanced search

oven mate - safe to use when pregnant?

(5 Posts)
KMR281 Fri 28-Sep-12 11:52:05

hi, I've got (and previously used) oven mate from Lakeland. I have decided that I NEED to clean the oven today/tomorrow, but DH is away - do you reckon it's ok to use when 6 months pregnant?? Also, can I use it on the thingys on the hob that your pans sit on? (sorry no idea what they are called - sort of frame thing that rests on the actual hob - we have a gas hob)
TIA, K

Brixtonelf Sat 29-Sep-12 20:48:27

I'm amazed at your agility - I couldn't get near enough to my oven to clean it at 6m pg. smile
I should think you'd be fine - just remember to wear gloves and eye protection, plenty of ventilation and rinse it off well. I handled cancer drugs and radioactives before I knew I was pg and kids were fine.

Don't know about the gas hob gizmos as ours is ceramic and looks crap most of the time.

Coconutter Sat 29-Sep-12 20:58:12

If you've got a dishwasher stick the pan rest things in there - works for me!

javotte Sat 29-Sep-12 20:59:01

I hope it is! I am 38wks and I have just cleaned our 2 ovens with Oven Mate (damn nesting instinct!). It's a gel so I don't think it can do you any harm.
I have used it on the frame on my gas hob and it was OK.

amistillsexy Sat 29-Sep-12 21:42:07

I just bought some today. Can I put the glass from the oven door in the bag with the shelves?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now