Talk

Advanced search

How can I get the marks where furniture has been out of my carpet?

(11 Posts)
WhyTheBigGoldPaws Fri 28-Sep-12 11:44:39

I've moved my furniture round and the sofa etc have left ugly indentation marks in the carpet. Does anyone know any genius tricks for getting rid of them because I've done the ice cube thing that's often recommended and they're not shifting?

Use a fork to 'fluff' it up.

TirednessKills Fri 28-Sep-12 12:04:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ProudNeathGirl Fri 28-Sep-12 12:07:26

I think the marks will disappear over time. I'm forever re-arranging furniture and the marks always go.

SaraBellumHertz Fri 28-Sep-12 12:16:55

Ice cube if it's wool.

WhyTheBigGoldPaws Fri 28-Sep-12 14:40:55

I'm not sure if it's wool or not - I know it wasn't cheap but not dead expensive either so really not sure. The fact that the ice cube's not working suggests it isn't though. Fork is a good idea, has made a bit of a difference but it's still quite noticeable.

gemma4d Fri 28-Sep-12 20:19:04

Would a vacuum cleaner do anything? Maybe the little tube, and push it over so it seals and sucks if you know what I mean. Might suck out the indent. Never tried it though! smile

WhyTheBigGoldPaws Fri 28-Sep-12 21:50:47

Could be worth a try - thanks.

hugoagogo Fri 28-Sep-12 21:55:19

A steam cleaner should do the job or try the ice cube trick, I hadn't heard that it only works on wool.

WhyTheBigGoldPaws Fri 28-Sep-12 22:00:49

Doesn't seem to have done a lot but I might try it again now I've had s ho with the fork !

WhyTheBigGoldPaws Sat 29-Sep-12 07:18:51

Just read this back - that should obviously say had a go with the fork!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now