Talk

Advanced search

home magazines

(14 Posts)
Rhianna1980 Wed 26-Sep-12 16:05:34

Hi
Can any recommend a good magazine to give me ideas for home decoration?
I did some googling and found a few , but I thought of asking you guys first to see if you recommend any?

mirpuppet Sat 29-Sep-12 17:03:43

bump -- I'm wondering the same.

Or is there an interior design thread on Mumsnet?

Busyoldfool Sat 29-Sep-12 23:22:54

I like "Living"

TheFallenMadonna Sat 29-Sep-12 23:26:20

I like 25 beautiful homes, because really I just like to nose at other people's houses...

UnrequitedSkink Sat 29-Sep-12 23:28:17

Good Homes is pretty good I think, I'm not so keen on Living as I find it a bit up it's own arse clinical.

sheeesh Sat 29-Sep-12 23:30:44

Homes and Gardens and Living. Sometimes Elle Decoration but it's expensive so only buy after having a skim through

wickedfairy Sun 30-Sep-12 10:52:54

I get Ideal Homes and Home Beautiful - they are both good, both have ideas in them that don't cost a fortune (as well as the expensive stuff) and a mixture of different types of homes to look at.

Some of the others are so up-themselves. Just my opinion though!

SJ47 Sun 30-Sep-12 11:12:45

Also a fan of Ideal Home. I used to read Living a few years back, but got a copy recently and either I'd moved on in my tastes (older in years now!) or it's become too cutting edge. Very 'clinical' as a pp said.

The mix of names of the couples in Living used to make me laugh though, they'd give the baby name board a run for its money! Like "Tarquinella and her partner Owen converted these public conveniences into a minimalist echo of post WW2 society. Tarquinella designs and runs her very successful meditation company, whilst Owen hand crafts wooden furniture using medieval tools."

Mum2Fergus Sun 30-Sep-12 12:16:20

Not a magazine but I love Houzz...you can access via an app or internet.

newtonupontheheath Sun 30-Sep-12 14:51:21

I get ideal home and good homes

They are my treats and nobody is allowed to touch them

Get a bit annoyed that ideal home re-uses pictures in its "specials" but I guess this is something all magazines do (?)

LCarbury Sun 30-Sep-12 18:51:02

I like Ideal Home because I love to look at floorplans

Ladyemem Sun 30-Sep-12 22:10:42

i have subscriptions from good homes and house beautiful. Paid for with tesco deals. smile

PPPop Mon 01-Oct-12 06:10:01

I like living etc, 25 Beautiful homes and ideal homes. All good in different ways. Blogs and pinterest can be good too.

analogue Wed 03-Oct-12 13:43:57

Pinterest, apartment therapy and house and home are all online and great. I get lots of ideas and inspiration from these without having to fork out fo rmagazines that I then have to store. If I see something I like I right click and save image ot my PC. I then have my own 'custom' interior design magazine on my laptop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now