Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Good vacuum that's not miele or dyson...

(8 Posts)
MerryCosIWonaGold Wed 26-Sep-12 12:07:36

Our vacuum is now stuck together with brown tape...

Keep buying cheap-ish ones that don't last or clean very well, or are very heavy etc., but can't afford the most expensive brands. I am hoping there is a good one, where you don't have to pay so much for the brand name IYSWIM. Or if you have a good experience of reconditioned ones from ebay that would be helpful too.

TIA.

anice Wed 26-Sep-12 12:55:28

i really like my bosch gl-30 (BSGL3126GB). It gets good reviews on Which and it only cost £90 delivered. You have to buy vacuum bags though but according to which all the best vacuum cleaners have dust bags.

However, I have only had it 8 months so far....

cornflakegirl Wed 26-Sep-12 13:32:12

We bought a Henry on the basis of recommendations on here, and haven't regretted it.

foofooyeah Wed 26-Sep-12 13:34:40

I have a Hetty (like a Henry only pink) and have to say it is very efficient and better than a Dyson IMO

MerryCosIWonaGold Wed 26-Sep-12 13:42:37

Thanks. Dd would love a Hetty. Will also check out the Bosch one, good tip. Our current one has bags, which are a bit annoying to buy, but I am now subscribed to an online vacuum bag seller <exciting>.

MerryCosIWonaGold Wed 26-Sep-12 13:42:57

Do those Henry's need bags?

fanoftheinvisibleman Wed 26-Sep-12 13:50:06

I have a Henry and love it. They do have bags but you can buy reusable bags on ebay cheaply. We keep meaning to get a couple.

PigletJohn Wed 26-Sep-12 16:11:20

the canister cleaners can have a bag, it's about the size of a pillowcase and it curls round the motor filter. Advantage is that the filter doesn't clog, which is useful if you are hoovering anything like plaster dust or cement, and it is cleaner to handle when emptying. I use the brown paper ones, not sure I can see the point of a re-usable one. Mine is a lot bigger than a Henry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now