Talk

Advanced search

Hoover for stairs

(9 Posts)
Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 26-Sep-12 10:18:50

I am on the lookout for a new Hoover. We have laminate all downstairs and then stairs and 3 bedrooms ate carpetted. I want to known what kind is best? I'm thinking of maybe a Henry type might be best for easiness on the stairs? Can anyone recommend? Not too expensive!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 26-Sep-12 14:24:48

Anyone?

PigletJohn Wed 26-Sep-12 16:28:52

I think a Henry is too big to stand on a stair. Most of the other cylinder vacs are made so you can stand them on end and they won't often fall over.

There is a big difference in effectiveness between good cylinders like Miele or Bosch and the cheaper ones. I made the mistake of buying a Panasonic and it is nowhere near as good.

"Which" best buys are in the £150 - £300 range but the Bosch BSGL3126GB Pro Energy is nearly as good at about £90.

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 26-Sep-12 18:00:07

I was thinking I could leave the Henry at the bottom and then just use the nozzle for the stairs?

PigletJohn Wed 26-Sep-12 18:11:49

would the hose reach all the way?

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 26-Sep-12 18:27:43

No idea smile

I want good suction but I don't want to pay ridiculous prices which is limiting me. Some of the vacuums I've looked at are SO expensive!

BollocksToKarma Wed 26-Sep-12 20:13:13

Bump as I'm looking for a new hoover. My one died 2 days ago and it's driving me crazy.

MothershipG Wed 26-Sep-12 20:26:39

I have a Henry and I wouldn't recommend it for stairs, you have to do half from the top then carry it down and do the rest from the bottom. Suction Is ok but it's heavy and cumbersome. It's good value for the price but I think better for cleaning a single level rather than a little house with two flights of stairs.

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 26-Sep-12 20:30:11

Back to the drawing board then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now