Talk

Advanced search

Boring thread alert! Dc laundry baskets - where to put it?

(21 Posts)
Waswondering Mon 24-Sep-12 21:18:55

So. Have rearranged dd's small bedroom today due to arrival of new furniture and realise there is no longer a place for her laundry basket - unless I get a corner one, and then it would be the first thing you'd see in the room.

(No room for one in bathroom either, btw.)

Is it a big, big no no to put it in the base of her wardrobe? I'm a bit at a loss ...

If you've a small room, how do you manage this?

(Told you it would be boring!!!)

Thanks

LornaGoon Tue 25-Sep-12 09:13:08

What about a laundry bag hung on the door. Am going to have to do this in DS's small bedroom. Either a draw string bag or canvas tote bag.

Just an idea....

I wouldn't have any drawstring bags hanging in a DCs bedroom on safety (strangulation) grounds. We just keep one laundry basket in our room and everyone uses that.

Mind you, you didn't say how old she is, if she's 15 I wouldn't worry.

Nagoo Tue 25-Sep-12 09:20:32

I don't have one in the dc's rooms.

They haven't died from deprivation yet.

Startailoforangeandgold Tue 25-Sep-12 09:22:30

No room in our place either, laundry baskets move from in the way in the bathroom, to in the way in the bedrooms to being stood in the bath.

No way would any one give up hook space from dressing gowns and handbags to use a bag.

ByTheWay1 Tue 25-Sep-12 09:25:53

We have a collapsible one - well 2 - they hang from the ceiling in the corners on hooks - one has their soft toys in, one they use as a basket ball laundry game at the end of the day - no clothes left on our floor!

popsypie Tue 25-Sep-12 09:27:34

Boring answer to op alert: Used to have one in dd's room. But found that washing used to just get out of hand as both baskets would fill before I did washing. Now I just have one in our room and wash when it is full! To be honest my two just found their clothes all over the hall and bathroom anyway!!! So wherever it is I pick it up!

popsypie Tue 25-Sep-12 09:28:02

Just throw - not found - iPhone!

Mum2Fergus Tue 25-Sep-12 09:37:00

We've a collapsible one in bathroom...though more often than not the clothes have been tipped out and its DSs den!

tassisssss Tue 25-Sep-12 10:43:53

I'd go for bottom of wardrobe if I were you. Or even a drawer? We did that very successfully in our last holiday home and I liked. Got to be super simple or it doesn't mind its way there!

FWIW we only have one and it's in our bedroom but I can see that's not ideal with your dd on a different floor of the house than you.

EdMcDunnough Tue 25-Sep-12 10:53:13

Hmm, not much use here, we've a basket under their sink in the tiny bathroom next to their room. (no bath just loo and sink)

It seems to work as long as I leave it there, so they know where it is iyswim.

There is just a PILE in my room, by the door - looks terrible! maybe I need another basket.

IWipeArses Tue 25-Sep-12 12:47:19

When I was a kid we had laundry bags that were on coat hooks, like large clothes peg bags iyswim, I want one for Ds room, but can't find any, anyone seen anything like that?

vodkaanddietirnbru Tue 25-Sep-12 12:48:41

we have a small one in the kitchen for the dc's and a larger one in our bedroom for me and dh

This? Doesn't look very big though

BikeRunSki Tue 25-Sep-12 14:17:06

1 slimline one on landing. Everyone uses it. I do a load of washing when it is full.

BikeRunSki Tue 25-Sep-12 14:19:55

Iwipe. I've got my childhood one of those! It has Miffy on. Was using it for DS until very recently.

IWipeArses Tue 25-Sep-12 14:37:48

Mine had a jungle pattern. grin

mazzi2fly Tue 25-Sep-12 14:44:42

My DD have laundry bags, but for a long time we had a pillowcase hanging from two hooks on the back of DD2's door. They drag them downstairs on their wash days and fill the washing machine.

Here's one similar

Waswondering Tue 25-Sep-12 20:26:47

Thanks ... all interesting ideas.

Her room is on the ground floor (we're first) so our room isn't ideal as it would involve her traipsing it upstairs.

Re behind the door - she's 6 so though technically big and grown up I'm not comfortable with that as her bed is by the door (re the comments above).

Saw one in Lakeland that would be perfect for the gap between her bed and wardrobe .... but it's 3cm too wide. Still thinking ....

BoffinMum Tue 25-Sep-12 22:47:35

Put on in the bathroom for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now