Advanced search

Is there any way of getting a 'permanent' crease out of the front of trousers?

(4 Posts)
HollyGoHeavily Mon 24-Sep-12 12:38:30

My DP has a pair of chino style trousers which have a permanent crease down the front of each leg. He's decided he doesn't like the crease and wants them flat - he's tried ironing it out but the crease always come back - is there any way of removing it totally?

nickeldaisical Mon 24-Sep-12 12:41:08

it's a permanent crease, sorry.

you can try to iron them flat, but the crease will always show.

HollyGoHeavily Mon 24-Sep-12 13:08:54

I had a feeling that might be the case - i told him the clue was in the word 'permanent'!

I was hoping someone had some fabulous way of outwitting the crease - oh well!

PigletJohn Mon 24-Sep-12 13:30:05

If you look inside you may be able to see where a whitish resin was applied to the fabric in the crease to make it permanent.

You used to be able to have it done at dry-cleaners as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: