Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean a wooden floor?

(6 Posts)
Sastra Mon 24-Sep-12 10:12:25

We've not long moved into a place that has real wood laminate flooring. I vacuum it, but how do you clean it properly? I'm sure I'm bit meant to mop it??

quoteunquote Mon 24-Sep-12 11:35:39

this is lovely, smells great, kind to floors, expensive but you only tiny bit, so it last a very long time

crunchingautumnleaves Mon 24-Sep-12 12:33:16

Method Squirt & Mop wood floor cleaner smells lovely (almond) and you don't have to bother with the whole bucket and water nuisance with floors that take AGES to dry, which isn't good for real wood. Just squirt a little on the floor and sweep a mop back and forth (microfibre mop works brilliantly and you can pop the cloth in washing machine after). It is also more environmentally friendly than conventional cleaners. Look out for special offers online/in supermarkets.

Nagoo Mon 24-Sep-12 12:35:34

I use laminate floor wipes from Aldi because I am too lazy to fill a mop and bucket.

If I were a better person I'd get the method cleaner. Now I know you don't need a bucket I shall keep a look out smile

smoothieooo Mon 24-Sep-12 12:36:22

I vacuum then use my Vax steam mop (we have Amtico floors). Uses nothing but steam so no need for detergent (unless you want to put a bit down cos it smells nice)! The mop was on a deal with Amazon (around the 50 quid mark).

crunchingautumnleaves Mon 24-Sep-12 12:46:58

Nagoo this one is great too for kitchen, bathroom etc. Smells so fresh & is equally easy & no hassle. I reckon even easier than floor wipes! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now