Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a secondary cordless vacuum cleaner? Is it a good idea?

(10 Posts)
sedgieloo Fri 21-Sep-12 08:01:56

I have a dyson cylinder. Its all cord and pipe and tangly and awkward. Bedrooms are carpet and the rest of the house wood flooring, would one of these be a good shout? I have a new baby due Oct and just trying to get a bit organised and ready (sorry I have spammed the board with a bunch of questions this morning)

vvviola Fri 21-Sep-12 08:04:38

I don't - but I'm getting one. Mainly for the living room/kitchen area in our new rental house which is carpeted.

I just think it will be 100 times easier to keep the mess contained if I don't have to lug out the big dyson each time.

That's the theory at least grin

GlaikitFizzog Fri 21-Sep-12 08:07:02

Ooh ooo I bought the dyson digital slim multi floor cordless at the beginning of the year and it's changed my life!

We have a dyson cylinder too, but it is a pain to pull out for quick jobs. I only use the cylinder one a week for the big Hoover.

The slim is fab for the wooden floors downstairs. I would recommend 100%

GlaikitFizzog Fri 21-Sep-12 08:08:00

And it's fab for hoovering round ds when he is eating, he is very messy!

ggirl Fri 21-Sep-12 08:15:45

I want one fo these

Thelobsterswife Fri 21-Sep-12 08:21:45

I had that one. It was fab but heav handed DD1 somehow broke it. I then bought a Samsung Stick which is absolute rubbish. Wish I had bought the GTech again!

sedgieloo Fri 21-Sep-12 08:30:43

ooh that gtech is a good price isn't it. I saw the dyson one but sooooooo expensive and not long got the cylinder after having an animal for 10 years. I wish I had a power head on my new dyson, it doesn't brush up the carpets very well - another subject.

Any other rec's for an affordable cordless?

Pastabee Fri 21-Sep-12 09:24:37

I have this one:

www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/black-decker-dustbuster-pivot-hand-held-vacuum-cleaner-grey-06747756-pdt.html

I got it on offer half price and I'm really pleased with it for the price. It is very compact and sits on a base in the utility room. I use it everyday for round the high chair, edge of kitchen base cupboards and chair cat sits on.

So much easier than lugging the dyson out. There's no way I'd do that everyday!

gemma4d Fri 21-Sep-12 20:19:56

I have the Gtech. Its in my local John Lewis for £45. Its so good my mum AND mil have also bought one.

I sometimes hoover the kitchen 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner - baby led weaning!!) and you can just "whip it out" when the kids drop crumbs in a corner.

Its not as good as a proper vacuum cleaner (I have a dyson) and it doesn't really do corners or edges well, but for a quick whip round - whether its a small amount of dirt or to make a room presentable before company - its worth its weight in gold.

sedgieloo Wed 26-Sep-12 13:53:53

Gtech is on order, thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now