Talk

Advanced search

Hormones and cleaning

(8 Posts)
Twonker Wed 19-Sep-12 17:44:36

Hi housekeepers!

Can I do a quick poll?

Do any of you find there is a time of the month where you feel more like cleaning and tidying?
Has anyone ever found that a hormonal contraceptive gave them a side effect of feeling more or less like cleaning?

Grasping at straws here! But no, seriously wondering whether a recent burst in level of cleaning might be due to the pill?

sherbetpips Wed 19-Sep-12 21:20:02

Definitely feel the need to clean when hormonal, any dose of it via pill or period gets me scrubbing! Cleaned round the outside edge of the shower with bleach and a toothbrush last week - god knows why can't even be arsed to sweep up this week!

ICantFindAFreeNickName Wed 19-Sep-12 21:25:04

I'm the same. When I start de-cluttering, I know my period is due in a day or two.

Twonker Wed 19-Sep-12 21:34:38

Thanks for your replies, sherbet and nickname,

So what hormone is the cleaning hormone?

Is is progesterone? In which case I might change my contraceptive decisions!grin

Mumofjz Fri 21-Sep-12 12:50:48

My hubby always knows when it's time of the month pending on how i'm cleaning. When within a day or two, the whole house gets blitz and woe-be-tide anyone who gets in the way!!!! shock

vix206 Sun 23-Sep-12 21:08:08

Yup. I always get the nesting/cleaning instinct at the same time of the month. Normally mid cycle for me. Then PMT hits and I couldn't care less again!

bitsnbobs Sun 23-Sep-12 22:20:16

When I get PMT I am too nackered to bother, then period starts and I am in mad organisation mode! Wierd.

Twonker Sun 23-Sep-12 23:09:59

Right, so oestrogen peaks on approx day 12, and progesterone peaks on approx day 22. Do you all reckon it's progesterone that gets us cleaning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now