Talk

Advanced search

Pressure washer recommendations

(8 Posts)
tattychicken Thu 21-Jun-12 18:05:29

I am looking to buy a pressure washer, main jobs would be patio/decking and outside of conservatory. Does anyone have any (reasonably priced) recommendations? Cheers.

AdventuresWithVoles Thu 21-Jun-12 18:09:36

Not exactly, but in the Argos catalog there was (may still be, else in their online sections) quite a detailed page explaining all the options, what they meant. I found it invaluable.

Make sure you're not in a hose-pipe ban area, too.

tattychicken Thu 21-Jun-12 18:31:41

Thank you! Will check it out...

PigletJohn Thu 21-Jun-12 19:29:40

there was a "Which" test in June. Have a look in your public library. The Karcher K2.120 came out well for a cheap one.

I had that anything around £100-£200 is considered cheap and not expected to last long, so make sure you get a good guarantee and will be using it a lot while it's new.

You can usually get them on special offer, I got one at Tesco allegedly reduced from £200 to £100 then on special offer to £80. I think it's been on special offer for at least two years.

tattychicken Thu 21-Jun-12 22:49:34

Thanks Piglet, will look at Tesco's too. smile

jjbingo Thu 04-Apr-13 12:53:58

I find Karcher is the most reliable. There are some in depth reviews here about the different Karcher models. x

PigletJohn Thu 04-Apr-13 15:26:20

I used my karcher to clean the wooden cladding last year, and it stripped all the stain off, back to bare wood.

Not a problem for me because I applied wood dye and linseed oil, but would be annoying if you just wanted to clean it.

americanwashing Mon 29-Jun-15 07:15:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now