Talk

Advanced search

Vegetables getting frozen in the veg drawer of my fridge freezer

(8 Posts)
fossil97 Wed 02-May-12 17:40:01

This seems to be getting worse lately. I have a Bosch fridge freezer with the freezer on the bottom. I keep finding items in the bottom of the veg drawer or the back of the shelf above it, frozen and sometimes spoiled - carrots, courgettes etc.

I don't think the freezer particularly needs defrosting and it's on the lowest power setting - any ideas?

moochymoo Wed 02-May-12 18:18:59

I was going to suggest defrosting, but I see that's not the problem. Hav you Googled? I find the answers to all my appliance problems on Google.

PigletJohn Wed 02-May-12 23:38:50

Buy a fridge/freezer thermometer, and see what the actual temp is. See if it varies when you adjust the setting, in case the thermostat is not working correctly.

Is the back of the fridge free of ice? Is there a fan?

Is the freezer a frost-free?

Is the machine next to something hot, like an oven?

fossil97 Fri 04-May-12 10:46:55

Thanks
I did that with the thermometer and it read -2 in the back of the veg drawer.

I'll have a good look at the fridge, it's been moved a lot during building work and might be a bit worse for wear.

Ta

PigletJohn Fri 04-May-12 11:46:15

Is the back of the fridge free of ice? Is there a fan?

Is the freezer a frost-free?

fossil97 Fri 04-May-12 17:18:48

I think I might have had it set too cold actually - I thought 2 was the lowest power but it's actually (reads manual) +2 degrees, so I've put it to +4 blush

Don't think it's frostfree, it wasn't expensive and is about 6 years old.

thanks anyway!

Tash71 Tue 30-May-17 10:54:59

I have a new kenwood fridge/freezer 70/30 but the salad drawer in the fridge keeps freezing my veg-iam ruining lettuce,cues etc temp is on lowest setting ..Anyone else hAve any ideas!

Monkeybunkey Tue 30-May-17 12:46:21

I have this problem, but only with carrots in the salad drawers at the bottom of the fridge. Nothing else freezes, just carrots! Hotpoint frost-free fridge-freezer. The freezer also gets a build-up of ice in the bottom, under the bottom drawer, which I chip out with a plastic fish slice every couple of weeks. It's 11 years old, so I'm expecting to replace it fairly soon.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now