Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got any own brand John Lewis appliances???........

(54 Posts)
Becaroooo Tue 24-Jan-12 11:01:21

...and are they any good?

Need a new fridge freezer (current one is making very very odd noises!) and they have a special buy on atm for their own brand F/F. Its german made I believe and is the roght size for us.

Anyone had one? Would you recommend?

TIA

MidnightHag Tue 24-Jan-12 12:50:23

Washing machine, tumble drier, kettle...all fine.

fluffiphlox Tue 24-Jan-12 13:59:45

I have a JLP fridge/ freezer - it's been absolutely fine. (3 years old approx.)

amazonianwoman Tue 24-Jan-12 14:27:00

Have their tumble drier, massive discount due to dent on top, used much too often blush in rainy Cheshire and it's fab. I don't think they'd put their name to anything rubbish [huge JL fan]

chipmunksex Tue 24-Jan-12 15:12:52

Me a washing machine, it's their bog standard one and about 3 years old now and have never had one single problem with it unlike the old indesit that had to be mended 3 times and finally scrapped in 2 years.

Am hoping to get a JL dishwasher soon.

You won't regret it.

jalopy Tue 24-Jan-12 15:14:45

JL fridge/freezer here. No problems either.

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 24-Jan-12 15:15:05

We had their most basic dishwasher (£295) for more than 3 years and I rated it more highly than my swanky new AEG which came as part of my new kitchen.

Would happily have JL appliances again.

heliumballoon Tue 24-Jan-12 15:22:24

Yes - dishwasher, washing machine.
All fine. Longer than average guarantees swung it for me.

nannyl Tue 24-Jan-12 15:26:50

i have had 2 JL washing machines (in in old house that is still there and one in my next house)

Best appliance i have ever bought

gilmoregirl Tue 24-Jan-12 16:05:17

I bought a JL fridge freezer in July 2007 and it is still going strong and I hope that it will continue to do so for many more years! I cannot remember exactly but I tend to do a fair amount of research before making any major purchases so I am fairly confident that it was a good buy. I would recommend.

When my washing machine sadly packed in last year I bought a JL washing machine. It is ok but am a bit disppointed in the length of time it takes to do a load - two hours!

rubyrubyruby Tue 24-Jan-12 16:11:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pluckingupcourage Tue 24-Jan-12 16:13:19

yes, washing machine and dryer here. I agree that it's not very speedy, but it is great.

PostBellumBugsy Tue 24-Jan-12 16:17:03

Washing machine. I've had it for about 6 years now & it's moved house with me. Never had a problem with it.

evilgiraffe Tue 24-Jan-12 16:17:12

Dishwasher is brilliant, been going strong for about four years now - no problems at all. Definitely would reccommend it!

chopchopbusybusy Tue 24-Jan-12 16:19:57

I have a JL tumble drier which is great but I also have their built in double oven oven which I wouldn't recommend.

WentworthMillerMad Tue 24-Jan-12 20:17:45

Yes tumble dryer. Am home ec teacher and I picked it for my classroom as was cheapest and best score in which.
Fab machine and it takes a hammering

Clayhead Tue 24-Jan-12 20:18:58

Washing machine and oven here, all fine.

AuntingCarse Tue 24-Jan-12 20:21:53

I bought a fridge freezer from them a month ago. Also have washing machine, dishwasher and microwave. All excellent with no problems at all.

Waswondering Tue 24-Jan-12 20:27:45

Fridge freezer, yup! Bought 2007. Fab. It has a suspended bottle rack below one of the shelves which is the best space saver ever.

Oven and hob - fab.

Dishwasher - possibly - can't remember.

No problems with any of them.

We did go through 2 JL kettles - each lasted a year before going kaput, and have had no problems since we got a Bosch one .... but maybe we were just unlucky.

nitnatnaboo Tue 24-Jan-12 20:29:26

Dishwasher 6 years no problems.

Zwitterion Wed 25-Jan-12 08:52:42

We have a dishwasher, it's mostly great. We had a bosch before. Only issue is a design fault where the cutlery basket sits right up against the door, trapping food and debris during the wash. Which is a bit gross and makes me feel things aren't really clean.

So yes to dishwasher, but check the positioning of the cutlery holder.

Zwitterion Wed 25-Jan-12 08:59:41

Actually just looked at it and it's not the cutlery basket, but the handle on the bottom drawer.

Becaroooo Wed 25-Jan-12 10:59:18

Thats great, thanks.

I want (well, need) a new fridge freezer and theirs is on special buy atm!

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Wed 25-Jan-12 11:00:45

Dishwasher and washer dryer. Both fab - and I'm usually more of a Miele/Bosch person myself so I'd say that was high praise!

Becaroooo Wed 25-Jan-12 11:28:52

Yes, I usually buy Bosch but since moving 6 weeks ago have had to buy
new hob, a new boiler and fix leaking roof so need a cheaper one!!! grin

thanks for all the replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now