Talk

Advanced search

What are Mumsnetters buying this week? Find out with our weekly Swears By email

Thanks! You're now subscribed to Mumsnet Swears By

Please enter a valid email address

Nice smelling baby friendly laundry detergent

(13 Posts)
SayCoolNowSayWhip Fri 13-Jan-12 11:48:11

Yes, yes, I know, it's Friday and it's a very boring subject.

But please recommend to me a nice washing powder / liquid. At the moment we use Fairy liquid detergent with Fairy Softener and our washing just does NOT smell nice sad I don't know if it's the washing machine, or maybe we should change our detergent?

I have a 14 month DD so don't want anything too harsh - my PIL use Bold 2 in 1 which smells LOVELY but I think it might be a bit too biological for DD who has very sensitive skin.

Any ideas? Thanks all!

PrimaBallerina Fri 13-Jan-12 11:52:37

I hate the smell of Fairy too. I use Persil non bio liquid followed by Comfort Pure (the white one). DS's clothes smell gorgeous, very baby like.

LordOfTheFlies Fri 13-Jan-12 11:52:58

IKWYM with the Fairy- I sometimes use it and the washing smells 'damp' in a musty way if it doesn't go straight from the washer to the dryer or line.
The tablets smell nicer than the liquid IMO.

Or what about those washball things.
I haven't got baby DCs but I wash the guinea-pigs fleeces and use a washball at 60C. Doesn't leave a smell, and does get them clean (works at lower temps as well)

CaptainMartinCrieff Fri 13-Jan-12 12:05:12

I like comfort pure. But I also quite like fairy, so that probably doesn't help.

SayCoolNowSayWhip Fri 13-Jan-12 12:07:43

Thank you! Will try the Persil and Comfort for sure.

MeghanMc Fri 13-Jan-12 12:20:16

I remember getting some sample for Comfort Baby pure, I think it's either from the maternity bag that was given out or a NTC events. Anyway, I use Persil non bio powder and comfort baby pure (white) and DD clothes smell lovely. Bold/Surf/Ariel can be quite harsh on skin as DH has sensitive skin and his skin breaks out with those detergent.

Saying that, his skin doesn't agree with Persil liquid but ok with powder, strange..... anyway, i prefer powder as it doesn't clog up the washing machine drain pipe and seems to last longer than liquid too.

Becaroooo Fri 13-Jan-12 12:37:19

I use co op own brand non bio gel and sensitive softner...clothes smell lovely!

Pudden Fri 13-Jan-12 13:58:11

http://www.simplywashing.com/products-page/washing-powder/simply-sensitive-powder-tabs/

smell lovely- sweet and clean. I would ditch the fabric softener as two contrasting smells ain't good.

Pudden Fri 13-Jan-12 13:58:26

www.simplywashing.com/products-page/washing-powder/simply-sensitive-powder-tabs/

LakeFlyPie Fri 13-Jan-12 21:35:56

Half the recommended amount of Fairy powder and a small slosh of Comfort Pure gets my washing (often filthy - 2DC) clean and smelling good.

MrsMagnolia Sat 14-Jan-12 08:49:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dizzyday07 Sat 14-Jan-12 14:14:14

For my sensitive skin I use Surcare washing powder and Comfort pure conditioner. Add in a splash of Pink vanish liquid if needed for stains

dizzyday07 Sat 14-Jan-12 14:14:54

Meant to add this means my washing smells of nothing - but that's how I like it as I have an aversion to fragrances!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: