Talk

Advanced search

how to stop rug creep!

(7 Posts)
DestinationUnknown Mon 09-Jan-12 19:50:08

can anyone recommend a product that will stop a rug creeping on a carpet please? all the stuff I look at online has people saying it's brilliant and others saying it's utterly useless.

It's a wool rug, on a carpet, and has dining table and chairs on top so rucks easily under the furniture movement. Rug is reversible so anything that sticks to it would have to come off easily.

I have the Ikea Stopp stuff underneath which is actually making it worse I think!

silentcatastrophe Mon 09-Jan-12 20:04:39

All rugs creep because of how they're made. The only solution I have is to move the rug back every now and again. In our house, it has pretty much run away by thengrin

PigletJohn Mon 09-Jan-12 20:28:27

I have this problem too.

I was thinking about something spiky? It's causes by the way the pile runs on the carpet underneath, I think.

fatsamsgrandslam Tue 10-Jan-12 11:23:51

You can buy anti slip from carpet shops. It comes on a roll and sticks to the back of the rug and stops slipping (you can get it to work on carpet or smooth floor).
About £15 a mt. You can cut it into strips or cut it to size of rug.

DestinationUnknown Tue 10-Jan-12 17:39:12

Thanks all will try a carpet shop - at least I can take it back easily if it is rubbish!

SoupDragon Tue 10-Jan-12 17:40:30

Get rid of the rug smile

I don't think anything would be terribly effective if you are shuffling chairs back and forth across it.

peter747 Mon 12-Jan-15 12:27:14

There is a cheap way to stop a rug creeping on carpet. Lay some polythene sheet under the rug, about an inch smaller all round and it will stay where you put it or at least the creep with be minimal. I used polythene about as thick as black bin liner and it worked but I expect it would be better with thicker polythene.

Also you should not use thin polythene anywhere it might be accessible to small children because of the risk of suffocation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now