Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Grill produces lot of smoke

(6 Posts)
Neena12 Sun 23-Oct-11 23:53:19

Hi, I have just moved into new rented accommodation. The grill here produces a lot of smoke every time I put something in it. The food gets the smell and the taste changes. I have tried cleaning the grill but no difference. Does anubody have any suggestions?
TA

acrunchieandacupoftea Sun 23-Oct-11 23:58:00

Use foil so you don't add to the problem???

Mandy2003 Mon 24-Oct-11 17:18:03

Is it a brand new cooker and grill, put in for you as new tenants? Or was it an existing cooker "professionally cleaned" before you moved in? I've never had a brand new cooker so I don't know if grills, ovens etc have coatings that have to burn off over time.

If it is new, ask the shop/manufacturer. If the cooker was old but cleaned for you, contact the letting agency/landlord to find out what was done to it, with what chemicals etc?

bessie26 Mon 24-Oct-11 19:16:21

When we got our brand new cooker I'm sure we had to put it on max for an hour before we used it.

Could it be fat on the heating element, rather than the grill pan? (not sure how you'd clean that)

TheSkiingGardener Mon 24-Oct-11 19:47:08

I'd put it on, open all the windows and stand clear until it has stopped smoking.

sheepgomeep Tue 25-Oct-11 00:25:20

Sounds like burning fat on the grill elements too me too, is an electric grill by any chance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now