Talk

Advanced search

My Dyson attachment hose won't come out of the body ...

(13 Posts)
LineRunner Sun 23-Oct-11 15:44:17

That's it, really. I want to use the attachment hose. Normally I just flip open the little cover on top and lift the whole big 'gun' thing out that you put the attachments on. It seems firmly stuck.

Why???

Please help me. I am crap at housework at the best of times. I have to clean the filthy carpet before the BT engineer comes round in the morning.

Hungrydragon Sun 23-Oct-11 15:47:02

what model is it?

ie does the hose come out the top or bottom?

Creamcake1 Sun 23-Oct-11 15:54:36

There should be a button on the back, just press down and the hose should come out smile

TheMonster Sun 23-Oct-11 15:56:10

Dyson's are crap. Chuck it out. Chances are you will spend ages trying to get the attachment off and then it won't suck up anyway.

LineRunner Sun 23-Oct-11 16:09:49

It's a DC25. Had lots of problems with it, BodyOfEeyore. I paid the extra for it because I thought it would be an excellent investment for a slob. Ho hum.

The hose comes out of the top.

Ah ha! Creamcake1 - I've kept the button pressed down and by standing on the bottom of the Dyson and using brute force, it has pulled out! I put it back in, and once again it was stuck! Button and brute force worked once again.

I'm wondering if something is stuck somewhere ... It seems to always be the case with my Dyson.

My attachment used to slide out with such ease! smile

Creamcake1 Sun 23-Oct-11 16:34:31

Yay! Glad it worked, happy hoovering! wink

LineRunner Sun 23-Oct-11 16:54:53

Thank you for the confirmation of the button location!

Still wondering why it's suddenly gone All Difficult. Or is that just the inevitable Dysonitis.

Mutt Sun 23-Oct-11 16:56:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peeriebear Sun 23-Oct-11 16:58:31

Just beat the snot out of it. I ended up doing it to my Dyson after a 2p coin got wedged half way up the rigid, angled, inaccessible, exactly-the-same-diameter-as-a-2p nozzle AGAIN. RIPieces stupid bloody Dyson.

LineRunner Sun 23-Oct-11 17:12:48

No, Mutt, I've checked that - not the problem this time - but something's likely stuck in there somewhere. Peeriebear, I agree that beating it into submission seems the Only Way. In fact I previously had to do that after a mere 1p coin found its way into mine earlier this year!

Creamcake1 Sun 23-Oct-11 17:37:14

I think it maybe a build up of dust that's causing it to stick, not sure what you can do about it, maybe try a little oil around the hose to loosen it abit, otherwise not sure what else it could be, mine sometimes does that but like u said abit of brute force resolves it, just be careful u don't break it smile

LineRunner Sun 23-Oct-11 17:52:06

Could be dust/crap, I'll check.

Monica used to have a dustbuster to hoover her hoover. smile

Hungrydragon Sun 23-Oct-11 19:08:12

New Dysons are pants I have a dc33 I use it to empty the bags for my miele cat & dog grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now