Talk

Advanced search

Waitrose 5 in 1 dishwasher tabs

(10 Posts)
JalanJalan Sun 23-Oct-11 02:35:03

I usually use the Finish tablets but bought Waitrose ones 'cos they were cheaper this week. Every time I've used them I've opened the dishwasher to find a sliver of tablet stuck somewhere in the machine. Yuk...this must mean the dishes aren't even being rinsed of all the poisons in those tablets.

I'm disappointed 'cos I usually like Waitrose stuff.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 24-Oct-11 10:35:22

It doesnt happen with asda smartprice tabs in my Bosch, I'd be taking them straight back for a refund.

JalanJalan Mon 24-Oct-11 12:06:33

I've got a Bosch too and never had any problems before. Am really surprised at a Waitrose product letting me down.

ActualAl Mon 24-Oct-11 13:08:04

When we bought tesco own brand tablets we found they didn't dissolve properly on the economy wash. We switched to the longer hotter wash for a while, which made all our wine glasses lovely and sparkly! wink

Icelollycraving Mon 24-Oct-11 17:44:36

I have had problems with most tablets. The best by far IMO are Fairy Platinum. They are more like a gel tab,always dissolve & clean brilliantly.

wahwahwah Mon 24-Oct-11 17:46:39

The man who came to fix my machine said that tablets don't disolve properly on the lower temperature programmes. I use the squishy Fairy ones (or whatever is on special offe that week).

VivaLeBeaver Mon 24-Oct-11 17:51:26

I use any cheap tablets, morrissons own, coop own as well as fairy and finish. Never noticed any difference.

wicketkeeper Mon 24-Oct-11 17:55:38

I only ever use the powder, never the tablets - they must be the most overpriced item in the supermarket. A container of dishwasher powder costs maybe £2 - £3, and lasts, well, ages. Weeks, possibly a couple of months (I use the dishwasher once per day). A box of 16 tablets lasts 16 washes, which for me would be just over 2 weeks.

And yes, everything is still shiny and clean. If the dishwasher isn't cleaning well, it's most likely a blocked filter or something preventing the arms from turning properly.

TheGhoulsAreJewelled Tue 25-Oct-11 13:36:05

I get whichever Fairy ones are on offer. Finish ones don't dissolve (I do everything on the lowest heat wash). Thanks for the powder tip though, hadn't thought of that [babybrain emoticon], and when the tabs aren't on offer, they're hideously expensive

MollieO Tue 25-Oct-11 13:40:47

When I use cheap tablets I put them in the bottom of the dishwasher rather than in the holder. They work fine then. Tip from someone here on MN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now