Talk

Advanced search

replicating winter candle scent

(7 Posts)
clangermum Sat 22-Oct-11 17:17:48

Is it possible to get the same scent as the white company's winter candle by putting drops of cinnamon, clove and orange oil on a regular non-scented thick church type candle, or would it just spit? I love the winter candle but not the price, and have two out of the three oils already.

AgentProvocateur Sat 22-Oct-11 17:28:48

Buy a burner thing, and add the oils to water - I'm sure it will smell as good as the WC candle.

I bought one that smeller very similar in Sainsbury's - it was on special offer, and it was in with the air freshners. I can't remember the brand, but it was a white candle in a clear glass. Maybe Airwick

clangermum Sun 23-Oct-11 10:43:41

Great idea - once I work out the proportions of the three oils I'll mix up a batch in a dropper bottle

OneHandFlapping Sun 23-Oct-11 10:55:19

I got a ready blended mix of Christmas oils called "Noel" from a health food shop- cheaper than buying the individual oils. I mix it with vodka and use as a room spray, (Kim and Aggie tip) as I don't like the fumes candles give off.

clangermum Sun 23-Oct-11 20:39:01

Will look out for this to see how it compares. Nice tip!

acrunchieandacupoftea Mon 24-Oct-11 00:02:37

You spray vodka round your rooms? Really? I would like to try that... Does it not leave marks or any strange smell?

OneHandFlapping Mon 24-Oct-11 10:24:48

No strange smell or marks, but then I don't spray it directly onto stuff. Apparently the vodka preserves the scent of the oil better than water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now