Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom Floors, What Do You Have?

(28 Posts)
CrazyChicken Sat 22-Oct-11 14:34:24

We've got a white bathroom that needs a floor. Was hoping for something coloured but am finding it hard to find coloured tiles.
Do you have any? Where did you get them? Or what do you have?

JWIM Sat 22-Oct-11 16:33:45

We have Amtico - American Oak.

izzybiz Sat 22-Oct-11 16:34:41

Black slate floor tiles, from KDP tiles.

BedatHogwarts Sat 22-Oct-11 16:37:09

We got some amazing sparkly orange vinyl from this company, and they do all sorts of tiles in different materials and colours too, all at trade prices!

Cheeseandseveredfingersarnie Sat 22-Oct-11 16:39:30

we live in a rented house and its pale cream carpets throughout!i hate carpet in bathrooms!

Driftwood999 Sat 22-Oct-11 17:04:47

imho avoid tiles, they are cold underfoot (they are essentially stone) so unless you have underfloor heating, not a good idea but sadly so many persist with it! If you drop anything it will smash to smithereens. Cushioned vinyl all the way for our bathrooms, there are ranges for every budget.

countessbabycham Sat 22-Oct-11 17:08:21

IME Driftwood is right.We used tiles in old house and cold and can be slippy.I wouldn't use them again.We now have cork tiles because that's what was there and they're fine but when I do replace it'll be cushion vinyl.

betheldeath Sat 22-Oct-11 17:11:22

I have glittery black skytech tiles

My bathrooms look like mini night clubs. I am SO chuffed grin

bessie26 Sun 23-Oct-11 07:12:30

We have rhino floor vinyl which is pretending to be tiles. It's great in our upstairs bathroom, but is a bit chilly underfoot in the winter in the kitchen (a concrete floor), they did put some underlay down, but we wish we'd got them to put more down now.

OhThisIsJustGrape Sun 23-Oct-11 07:32:57

We have glittery black tiles in our bathroom but cushioned vinyl in the childrens' bathrooms.

Tbh, as gorgeous as they are, I do kind of regret getting the tiles. They were very, very expensive, cold underfoot (obviously smile), if you drop anything there are no second chances - smithereens!

The worst bit is that we have very hard water and any drips that aren't wiped up dry leaving a White mark of limescale. I'm forever washing the floor!

The vinyl in the childrens' bathrooms looks as good as it did when it went down and is much warmer smile

exorciseisgoodforyou Sun 23-Oct-11 07:36:41

We've got dalsouple in a dark blue - comes in big tiles with adhesive and we only needed a couple of pack of tiles. Really amazing colours.

valiumredhead Sun 23-Oct-11 13:08:38

Marble - love it!

CointreauVersial Sun 23-Oct-11 13:12:25

Tiles in the downstairs loo. Tiles in the new ensuite (with underfloor heating....mmmmm...). Lovely and neat, bombproof, easy to clean.

The family bathroom has (gah!) carpet. It was there when we bought the house, and was it fairly new, so we thought we'd wait until it got trashed, then change it for vinyl. It is still on our to-do-list. blush

CointreauVersial Sun 23-Oct-11 13:13:43

Oh yes, bought the tiles from B&Q and Tilebase. Nothing fancy, just off-the-shelf.

SquongebobSparepants Sun 23-Oct-11 13:21:08

Carpet. Hate it.

BatmanLovesRobin Sun 23-Oct-11 19:50:22

Carpet. Also hate it.

Doomandgloom Sun 23-Oct-11 21:34:42

Rubber floor tiles,bright red with slightly raised circles on.Very popular in elevators! Sounds awful but it kind of works.

TheGhoulsAreJewelled Tue 25-Oct-11 13:39:53

Cream tiles. They looked good, but cold and slippery, and now some of the grout has gone black, and I curse them daily (rather than cleaning it). Btw, what do you use to clean grout? Or will it need redoing?
Got them in Wickes - liked them the display, too expensive, walked to next aisle and they were on sale. Even better, we may have returned some unused boxes for a full, non-sale price refund.

Mackrelmint Wed 26-Oct-11 14:38:29

Just bought some coloured vinyl flooring for all-white shower room from here: www.colourflooring.co.uk/ - they have some good colours. Haven't seen it down yet, but sample looked nice. And not as slippery/cold as tiles.

Yorky Wed 26-Oct-11 14:53:22

We got slate effect tiles, cheapest wallsandfloors do! but even when the underfloor heating isn't switched on they aren't as cold as the ones in the kitchen?

As an aside - What do you all keep in your bathrooms that you're so worried about smashing - apart from calpol bottles?

JumpJockey Wed 26-Oct-11 15:02:01

Oh I love the coloured vinyls! Have been looking for our new shower room and they're all so ugly, plain colour would be fab smile

Civliz Wed 26-Oct-11 20:12:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

said Wed 26-Oct-11 21:26:22

We have the coloured vinyl. Agree that it's quite slippery and it shows every single hair. Not sure I'd choose it again.

JumpJockey Wed 26-Oct-11 21:48:34

Oh no, don't say that... Then again this is for shower room moztly to be used by grown ups rather than kids.
Stupid question,how do you put tiles down in such a way as to be waterproof? Doesn't it leak between the gaps?

Mackrelmint Thu 27-Oct-11 18:33:03

Oh dear! Too late for us now - but only a little over 1m2 so I guess a bath mat will solve the problem if it's too slippery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now