Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you stack Ikea Trofast storage?

(4 Posts)
ErOutdoors Thu 20-Oct-11 21:11:26

I want to buy some Ikea Trofast furniture. Would it be possible to stack 3 of the 99cm wide, 56cm height bits on top of each other. Do people do this, and can you clip it together? Do they sell something in the shop to clip it? I don't think we'd be able to fix it to the wall, because the skirting board is quite deep.

Thanks in advance, lovely Mumsnetters!

purpleturtletoise Thu 20-Oct-11 21:13:38

I think you can stack it. We have had one of those step-shaped Trofast units on top of one of the ones you're talking about. It did slide about a bit, so it would be good to connect them together.

I don't know if they have the requisite gadget in Ikea, but any hardware shop would have little brackets you could screw in to keep them secure.

puzzlesum Thu 20-Oct-11 21:16:44

From the assembly instructions I'd say no, as the final page usually shows how to attach the unit to the wall/other units in the case of modular furniture.

What about 3 of the vertical ones side by side?

thenightsky Thu 20-Oct-11 21:41:17

Ive got 2 of the verticals side by side. The thing that attaches them to the wall is adjustable, so a deep skirting board wouldn't be a problem.

Just to say... I bought mine for DS's clothes when he was 4. He is now 20 and I'm still using them... one lot have gone in garage for DH's bits and bobs and other lot are full of my sewing stuff.

Mega value!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now