Talk

Advanced search

Where do you keep your winter boots?

(16 Posts)
bigbadbarry Thu 20-Oct-11 16:13:08

I have a shoe cupboard in my hall, which is fine if stuffed to the gunnels what is a gunnel? but it doesn't hold boots. I currently have a heap of them on the floor of the hall, which just doesn't look nice. I suppose in principle I could take them all upstairs apart from the pair I am wearing that day but in reality that is not going to happen. What do you do?

nancy75 Thu 20-Oct-11 16:16:43

I put mine away, in the box with a shoe tree (i have a problem with tidying up!)

bigbadbarry Thu 20-Oct-11 17:09:41

Hmm. I also have a problem with tidying up but I think it might be precisely the opposite to yours!

I'm mulling over one of these at the moment. Not too pretty but practical.

Lancelottie Thu 20-Oct-11 17:15:48

gunnel = gunwale = top edge of boat

Boots go under stairs. Everything else does too. There are probably lost children in there somewhere.

bigbadbarry Thu 20-Oct-11 17:35:23

I have no under stairs. Or rather I do, but it is part of my living room so I can't really put boots there. Thrilled to find out about gunnel gunwales though, thank you!
Welly store a maybe. Or perhaps I just need a basket to fling them in.

RupertTheBear Thu 20-Oct-11 17:36:45

Mine live upstairs. In a row. In my bedroom. Neatly paired.

dizzyday07 Fri 21-Oct-11 11:14:39

Boots? What are they??

Pandsbear Fri 21-Oct-11 13:45:16

Some decorate the floor/shoe shelves and every so often (when I am driven to distraction by the mess) I take them all out and take back upstairs. Sorry not much use!

Mandy2003 Sat 22-Oct-11 22:23:39

In a laundry bag in the bottom of the wardrobe. When winter comes and they are being worn, they live in the lobby or hallway.

orienteerer Sat 22-Oct-11 22:27:33

Seasonal shoes go in Hall cupboard when not in use (out of season) however have a moulded "shoe tray" (bought in Austria so looking for link but failing) in hall for "current' shoes IYSWIM

orienteerer Sat 22-Oct-11 22:29:57

Found ITgrin.....I have 2 of these, originally meant to "catch" rainwater/snow from outdoor footwear.

GreenBlueRed Sat 22-Oct-11 22:43:51

I have a trunk with a lid in the porch, we all bung our shoes and boots in there when we come inside.

bigbadbarry Sun 23-Oct-11 08:28:12

Ooh that shoe tray is an interesting idea. Am thinking I might get a lidded truck though, for neatness.

orienteerer Sun 23-Oct-11 21:35:15

Shoe trays work year round, catching melting snow, grass cuttings etc.....that being said an ordinary "tea" tray would work just as wellgrin.

oksonowwhat Mon 24-Oct-11 10:50:06

They have some really nice 'Welly Stands' in garden centres. About the same price as the lakeland ones and you can keep them outside. Always mean to buy one but never get round to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now