Talk

Advanced search

I've still got a cupboard full of moths

(5 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Wed 19-Oct-11 19:56:27

two weeks ago I tracked the source of the clothes moth infestation to the cupboard under the stairs. Old blankets and rucksacks were covered in moth casings, grubs, etc. I binned everything apart from some shoes and the Hoover. I even ripped the carpet out and binned that so now it's just a tiled floor in there.

I hoovered it out.

The number of moths per day is creeping back up. I've killed 12 today. Still centred round the under the stairs cupboard. They're normally crawling on the door of the cupboard, both sides. I'm having a few sessions every day where I fling the door open and squish everything any I see. I've also got two sticky moth traps in there.

I don't understand what they're living on now as there's no material left in there. Am also worried that they're going to come upstairs in search of material and eat all my clothes.

What else can I do?

countessbabycham Wed 19-Oct-11 19:59:35

Get some spray and pay particular attention to round the edges.

countessbabycham Wed 19-Oct-11 20:01:00

I used one that seemed to do the trick - I think it was called "Kybosh" or something similar.
HTH

VivaLeBeaver Wed 19-Oct-11 20:03:38

Thanks, will get hold of some. Did it take many weeks to get rid of them all?

countessbabycham Wed 19-Oct-11 20:09:51

I think I only sprayed twice and it was a matter of days not weeks if I remember.
Sadly they'd already munched all four corners of my front room carpet.
I never even got rid of the carpet as I couldn't afford a new one,but the moths didn't come back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now