Talk

Advanced search

Help

(7 Posts)
Dylthan Tue 18-Oct-11 17:37:10

I have just stepped on a bottle of shower gel which has squirted all over my carpet how the hell do I get it out.

Rubbing it with a cloth has just caused a big foamy mess.

Is there something I can use to absorb the soap or do I just put a rug over it and pretend its not there wink

Dylthan Tue 18-Oct-11 17:46:47

Does no one know?

I can't be the only one this has happened to. confused

Right I'm just going to go back to rubbing it and hope for the best.

Dylthan Tue 18-Oct-11 18:09:43

When will the foam end? <wails>

I'm too lazy to be doing this without a short cut.

A quick Google search is saying to use salt and some are saying vinegar which should I try confused

Dylthan Tue 18-Oct-11 18:20:15

I've gone for vinegar which appears to of done Fuck all apart from making my room smell like a jar of pickled onions. sad

I'm going to let the vinegar soak for a little while before I commence the rubbing again and if it hasn't worked I will give the salt a go.

Dylthan Tue 18-Oct-11 18:44:46

Well the vinegar didn't really work (although it is slightly less foamy) I've put salt down will leave it an hour to absorb the soap and then will try again.

Fingers crossed it will work. If it doesn't then I've run out of ideas.

Mandy2003 Tue 18-Oct-11 20:32:02

If its a small bathroom carpet, can you take it up and shower it off in the bath?

Dylthan Tue 18-Oct-11 20:38:34

Thanks for the suggestion but it was the hall carpet en route to the bathroom.

The salt has pretty much done the trick its still a little soapy if I rub really hard so I'm just not going to rub really hard wink and declare it as job done grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now