Talk

Advanced search

Bedroom Furniture and Bedroom Tips.. non Zombie..

(6 Posts)
brookeslay Thu 13-Oct-11 09:59:21

Can anyone help with bedroom tips for calm tranquil and bedroom furniture.

My bedrrom has become a dumping ground, sacks of stuff to ebay, china ( bought but no room in cupboards) and general crap.

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brookeslay Thu 13-Oct-11 11:54:28

wonders if she is all alone or invisble ?? anyone

mummakaz Thu 13-Oct-11 12:10:36

Same here hmm I always say I'm going to sell all the outgrown clothes, crap etc but I never do. I have DD's newborn clothes in the loft (she is 5) thats how long I've been intending to ebay stuff for grin

For tranquil, If you intend to sell your stuff give yourself a deadline. If you don't meet the deadline then just give it all to charity etc.

I have given up now just gonna donate the whole bloody lot, I want my house back!

brookeslay Fri 14-Oct-11 10:06:56

thanks mummakaz at least someone shares my pain

GHAHSTLYGHOULYpants Fri 14-Oct-11 10:22:51

buy some clear storage boxes with lids- wilkinsons do good cheap ones. Store everything you love but have no room for in the loft/attic in said boxes.

Buy under bed storage boxes from BandQ- store clothes in there that you are not ready to chuck but no longer fit. Edit your drawers and wardrobe down to outfits you wear. Charity shop what you can.

What you want to EBay- list it today and tomorrow- no excuses. Photograph it, list it all by Sunday night. If it doesn't sell- Charity Shop it.

Put hooks on the inside of doors- hang up cardigans and the like.

Dust, polish, vacuum the room, light a nice scented candle. Then change your bedsheets.

Take inventory now your room is clearer- have a look at Ikea online for storage solutions, consider what extra shelving etc you might need. Could you paint your room a new colour, or the furniture to give it a new lease of life?

GHAHSTLYGHOULYpants Fri 14-Oct-11 10:23:45

what you make on ebay could go into a new room fund.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now