Talk

Advanced search

Can my greying bras be revived?

(6 Posts)
LakeFlyPie Wed 12-Oct-11 21:23:52

I have a few nursing bras which are distinctly grey as opposed to the lovely fresh white they once were.
I'd like to try and revive them before I fork out on new ones [skint emoticon]

They are non cotton so need "delicate' care, i.e no boil washing or bleach etc.

I'm wondering whether some bio powder and perhaps a dose of Glo white or whatever the current potion available is would be the best route.

I'd be very grateful for wisdom from laundry savvy folk.

TIA

smileitssunny Thu 13-Oct-11 08:56:25

would it be easier to dye them?

AMumInScotland Thu 13-Oct-11 08:58:48

I would try soaking them in some kind of stain remover first, eg Vanish or Biotex, and then have a go with the Glo White - you can buy a version of it that is labelled something like underwear whitener, but AFAIK its exactly the same as the stuff for net curtains!

nannyl Thu 13-Oct-11 09:21:19

id do exactly what u suggest OP and dry outside in the sunshine if we ever have sunshine

BedHog Thu 13-Oct-11 09:26:55

I'd dye them, which is exactly what I did with my greying nursing bras a few weeks ago. Don't choose black though, as the straps and side panels don't absorb dye as well as the cups do, and will end up brown. Some I dyed purple have ended up purple/lilac and look quite good. Machine dylon is about £5 per pack, but their hand dyes are cheaper.

LakeFlyPie Fri 14-Oct-11 11:28:53

Thanks for your replies.

Have got a packet of whitener stuff and if that doesn't give desired result will have a look at dyes, thanks for the not black tip, brown /black underwear isn't the look I'm after grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now