Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Spin Cycles

(5 Posts)
unreasonableme Mon 10-Oct-11 19:02:28

Hi everyone,

I have a brand new washing machine (DP is installing it as we speak!) and I've had a nosy in the instruction manual (I know, I'm sad) to discover I can change the spin speed. Eh? The old one was v old and I tended to only use 2 cycles on it (I tried a high temp one once and it melted the detergent tray!) and variable speed was certainly NOT an option.

So can someone please tell me what's best for what? Is it low for delicate, or what?

Many thanks.

BertieBotts Mon 10-Oct-11 19:05:40

Low if you want things to come out dripping wet. I never use mine!

(I would guess it is for delicates, yes. Anything which is hand wash only for example.)

nbee84 Mon 10-Oct-11 19:07:49

The higher the spin speed the less time it will take for your clothes to dry - great if you are drying them indoors during the winter. Be warned though that they will usually come out a bit more creased and things may need ironing when dry.

CaptainMartinCrieff Mon 10-Oct-11 19:23:53

Mine has a ridiculous number of different spin speeds... I always just leave it at the maximum.

unreasonableme Tue 11-Oct-11 16:33:47

Thanks! We almost always dry things in the house, so the fast spin sounds good. But as I hate ironing.........

Will try high for things like jeans and jumpers, and lowish for things that I really should iron!

Thanks once again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now