Talk

Advanced search

E-Cloth/ Magic Eraser and other cleaning items -- Lakeland or will Poundland work

(11 Posts)
mirpuppet Sun 09-Oct-11 10:54:32

So I am thinking of buying e-cloth mop as well as e-cloths for cleaning. Also other cleaning items like the magic eraser.

There is alot of mention of Lakeland, but I have seen some of these items at Poundland.

Will Lakeland item work much better or will Poundland ones work fine?

peachybums Sun 09-Oct-11 21:56:38

Poundland ones work fine! I had a magic eraser from there and it was fab! All my microfibre cloths are from poundland too. I got a JML one from the supermarket and wasnt any different so go poundland all the way now lol

Fizzylemonade Mon 10-Oct-11 06:53:55

I bought my original e-cloth from Lakeland and I think I have had it about 8 years -still going strong! The rest of them have come from Sainsburys or Tesco. Proper e-cloths feel like the little cleaning cloth you get in a glasses case.

Nothing wrong with Poundland products!

Bucharest Mon 10-Oct-11 07:07:59

Poundland are fine!

(ditto the sandwich toasty bags, egg poachy pouches, steam cleaners, pour and store sauce bags etc etc.)

acumenin Mon 10-Oct-11 07:19:54

Poundland is totally fine. 'Magic eraser' is just melamine foam. There's no difference at all between brands - it's all just this particular foam. It sold it for pennies as pipe lagging for years before someone discovered it was magic.

Fuzzled Mon 10-Oct-11 08:57:12

Just bought an e-cloth mop from Homebase - same one that Lakeland sells.

Anyway, see my thread for my wonderful revelation!

mirpuppet Mon 10-Oct-11 19:23:18

Thanks -- will go to Poundland first to pick up some cleaning tools.

Fuzzled Tue 11-Oct-11 07:23:41

Can someone enlighten me as to what magic erasers actually do? <dense emoticon>

Meglet Tue 11-Oct-11 07:29:47

I love my magic eraser.

It's just a big block of foam you can cut or tear into whatever size you need then you wet it. I use it for cleaning crayon off the wall, marks on the bath, ceramic hob, the white bits of trainers, sink and draining board, anything really. I find it less of a faff than getting out cloths and various cleaning products.

Meglet Tue 11-Oct-11 07:31:49

Heaven knows what grim chemicals are in it. But it works and saves time.

jaggythistle Tue 11-Oct-11 08:04:25

i got my magic erasers from Lidl last time i think. worked fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now