Talk

Advanced search

Getting mould out of clothes?

(5 Posts)
JumpJockey Thu 06-Oct-11 09:55:43

DD's tshirt came back from nursery with lovely black speckles on it that look a bit like mildew - we think she must have got changed twice in a day and the tshirt got shoved down to the bottom of the bag in its little nappy bag, thus making a nice damp atmosphere for yuk to grow in.

I've tried cleaning it with stain remover and a 60 degree wash, but no luck so far. Any other ideas, or is it just a goner?

MissingMySleep Thu 06-Oct-11 14:21:53

i have never been able to get mould out, sorry .... think its a goner

wol1968 Thu 06-Oct-11 14:46:09

Chlorine bleach if the garment will take it. Other than that...cut your losses and get her a new t-shirt.

JumpJockey Fri 07-Oct-11 16:26:00

Oh dear - sounds like the end then sad it's a patterned one so bleach not possible. Came from the nct sale so can't find a replacement which is sad as dd loves it. I guess that teaches me to check her bag a bit more thoroughly!

tutu100 Sat 08-Oct-11 00:11:49

Sadly I have never managed to get mould out of clothing. I cried when ds2's lovely frugi baby grow went mouldy after I didn't do the washing for a few days when ill.

I soaked it, tried putting bleach just on the blacks specks (as it was patterned), washed at 60 at hung it on the line for days in bright sunshine. None of this worked. In the end because I didn't want to throw it away (and I didn't have the money to buy a new one) I just cut the arms off it and he wore it with a long sleeved vest underneath. Luckily the mould was mainly confined to the sleeves. Is that an option for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now