Talk

Advanced search

I need a sole mate

(5 Posts)
senua Tue 04-Oct-11 21:48:14

I want some stick-on soles (well, heels to be precise) for DS's man-sized shoes. I'm loathe to go to the cobbler because the repair will be more than the shoes originally cost! I know that it is illogical - I should look at the price of replacing the shoes (because I won't get the same bargain again) when he has wrecked them - but I can't help it.
Where can I find stick-on soles/heels/metal tips? I have tried various pound shops, supermarkets and Wilkinsons with no luck. I would go to an indoor market but the one in our town and the next-door-town have both closed down. Anybody got any ideas?

alfiemama Tue 04-Oct-11 22:06:26

How about Ebay.

alfiemama Tue 04-Oct-11 22:08:48

Just found these www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=stick+on+soles&_sacat=See-All-Categories

senua Tue 04-Oct-11 22:21:56

Brilliant, alfie. I did try googling but got some of those silly sites that, if you say you are looking for unicorn horns, will say "Looking for unicorn horns? We have thousands at bargain prices" It's amazing how they always have whatever you want in stock.hmm

alfiemama Wed 05-Oct-11 10:54:52

Glad I could help senua. grin I so know what you mean about google, grrrrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now