Talk

Advanced search

Solve and argument for me please.

(15 Posts)
DooinMeCleanin Sun 02-Oct-11 16:37:13

It feels all wrong to be posting in this section. I apologise in advance if I make your topic a bit cluttered. Clutter follows me grin

Do you iron you nets after you have washed them? DH is insisting it's the done thing. I think they'd melt.

They're up now anyhow, without being ironed. He can take them back down and iron them if he thinks it's that important.

RandomMess Sun 02-Oct-11 16:38:18

I'd have probably hung mine up damp to drip dry and let the creases drop out.

They are so synthetic I'm not sure they would have creases in them?

DooinMeCleanin Sun 02-Oct-11 16:40:51

They spun dry in the washer. I boil washed them in bleach, they were very grubby. I normally just buy new ones, but the shop has shut down sad

They're not that creased. You can't tell now they are up.

Bunbaker Sun 02-Oct-11 16:43:39

I would just hang them up when still slightly damp, and the creases should drop out.

DooinMeCleanin Sun 02-Oct-11 16:54:27

So what setting do you wash them on in order for them to come out damp and not be spun dry?

I'll need to learn this since the bloody net shop has shut down angry

Bunbaker Sun 02-Oct-11 17:12:09

I haven't had net curtains for many years, so I can't advise. Sorry.

Do you live in a house that people walking past can see in? If not, I would ditch the nets.

babycham42 Sun 02-Oct-11 18:43:07

I usually hang damp but I"m sure I"ve ironed particularly creased ones in the past on a low heat.

If it doesn"t bother you but it bothers DH I"d say the solution is easy....

Let us know......!

cheesesarnie Sun 02-Oct-11 18:46:16

dont have nets but growing up i remember my mum hanging them damp

wandawings Sun 02-Oct-11 18:47:13

Get husband to I'd use a damp tea towel to iron over nets.

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Sun 02-Oct-11 18:57:12

They won't melt if the iron is set very low but......I hang them up damp too

jenni75 Tue 04-Oct-11 10:04:40

Hi, I've had net curtains, and I've used glo white to wash them ( handwash and let them soak) then just hung them back up whilst they've still been damp.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 05-Oct-11 12:18:47

Don't forget to add sugar to the rinsing water. It makes them stiff according to my sainted mother.

DooinMeCleanin Wed 05-Oct-11 12:21:54

Sugar?

<vows to find new net shop>

This is all a bit complicated. How would I get sugar in my washing machine? Don't tell me I have to handwash them, I will be forced to commit homicide wink grin, that's far too much like real work.

He actually wanted me to iron the curtains too. The twat. They look fine now. A bit rumpled for a few days and now they're fine.

BoffinMum Wed 05-Oct-11 14:46:47

That is actually the Swiss method, adding sugar, and not done for anything except cottons.

If your DH wants them ironed, show him where the iron is <evil melting net curtain emoticon>

bilblio Wed 05-Oct-11 15:03:08

I'd have ironed the curtains, but just hung the nets up straight from the washer.

You can get some special stuff from the supermarket for whitening nets if they don't come properly clean in the washer. Sorry can't think what it's called not had nets for ages. You can either put it in the washer or just put them in a bowl to soak for a while then rinse them out, squeeze out water and hang up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now