Talk

Advanced search

toilet cleaning

(3 Posts)
lucytails Sun 02-Oct-11 10:11:17

ok i know this probably isn't the most interesting topic but can someone answer me a few questions i have when it comes to cleaning the loo. How often do you squirt stuff down the loo, do you use a bleach or a cleaner like toilet duck, and do you use a rim block or cistern block?

stofstg Sun 02-Oct-11 10:38:54

yeah i'll answer for you. I squirt something down daily, i alternate between domestos bleach for daily clean and harpic limescale stuff when i do deep clean of bathroom once a week, and i use a bloo cistern block to keep it smelling nice when it flushes.

lucytails Sun 02-Oct-11 11:09:38

yeah i only ask because a few months ago i thought i'd do the good thing change to the ecover toilet cleaner from my usual bleach, but i find that it doesn't actually do a good job of keeping the loo clean. it seems to build up dirt under the rim and around the waterline more quicker than a bleach seems to. i'm not particularly fond of rim block (its something that attracts little people wondering hand i always think) so will probably try a cistern block but surely that would defeat the objective of avoiding using a bleach or chemical based loo cleaner. i might just have to revert back to good old reliable bleach i guess...saying that i don't put my ecover down the loo daily or else i would be buying a new bottle every week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now