Talk

Advanced search

What do you do with clothes that are worn but don't yet need washing?

(28 Posts)
MyNameIsInigoMontoya Sat 01-Oct-11 23:41:17

If you don't automatically wash everything after one wear (assuming they're not stained or smelly obviously!), where do you put them in the meantime? Especially things like cardis that might be worn a few times before they need a wash?

I haven't got a good solution for this yet - I don't like putting things back in the cupboard, in case they get mixed in with the clean things or get forgotten and go smelly, also DH is usually already in bed when I go up so don't want to wake him clattering around in cupboards. So I usually end up hanging stuff over the end of the bed as a temporary thing, but that means it's a permanent messy pile of clothes! Especially as I'm now back to two separate sets of clothes (work stuff and home stuff), worn on different days... Any ideas for managing it better please?

trixymalixy Sat 01-Oct-11 23:43:12

Watching with interest. I have a chair over which things get flung until they get worn again.

cometherevolution Sun 02-Oct-11 08:50:02

I have a hook on the outside of my wardrobe door (like this) where I hang my worn-but-still-wearable stuff. Unfortunately DH still prefers the heap of clothes on chair approach.

Conundrumish Sun 02-Oct-11 10:39:37

I have an exercise bike - the sole purpose of which, is to act as a somewhere to hang my once-worn clothes!

follyfoot Sun 02-Oct-11 10:43:45

I have a chair too. With way too much stuff on it. When I'm looking for things, I can never find them so put them all on the bed to trawl through, then if DH goes to bed before me, he puts them all back on the chair. Thats all that ever happens to a lot of them. Sorry, thats bugger all help I know grin

MarkStretch Sun 02-Oct-11 10:52:43

Ours get flung over the side of the laundry basket, but not IN it, because that means they need washing.

It's very annoying.

AyesToTheRight Sun 02-Oct-11 11:00:39

They get thrown on the floor blush and then when I am generally sorting out they go back in the cupboard.

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Sun 02-Oct-11 21:39:30

I hang them up - sorry I dont understand - if they are clean enough to be reworn why would you not hang them up?

SouthGoingZax Sun 02-Oct-11 21:40:37

Floordrobe.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Sun 02-Oct-11 22:05:44

Well looks like I'm not the only one anyway confused grin

starfishmummy Sun 02-Oct-11 22:21:13

Chair or for a cardi or skirt it goes on a hanger on my clothes rail (no wardrobes).

EmLH Sun 02-Oct-11 22:26:09

I do the side of the laundry basket thing too! Confuses my DH no end if he ever goes to put a wash on smile

quornsausages Sun 02-Oct-11 23:55:54

Over the bannister.

babycham42 Mon 03-Oct-11 00:01:09

The hook on the outside of the wardrobe idea is inspired!!

Stops them getting creased from being slung somewhere,they get aired and some of the "wearing" creases may fall out,and they stay in your attention to re wear soon.

Brilliant cometherevolution!

aviatrix Mon 03-Oct-11 00:24:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

trixymalixy Mon 03-Oct-11 00:29:28

What about those valet stand things, would that work?

trixymalixy Mon 03-Oct-11 00:30:46

like this

TheFarSide Mon 03-Oct-11 00:51:12

That valet stand is genius

yummybunny Mon 03-Oct-11 10:09:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

reckoner Mon 03-Oct-11 10:15:50

back in the chest of drawers!

minipie Mon 03-Oct-11 15:55:51

I too have a pile of such clothes on a chair. But it's not because I have a problem with putting slightly dirty clothes back in the drawer/cupboard, I'm just too lazy to do it grin

heleninahandcart Mon 03-Oct-11 16:52:59

Another over the bannister poster here

notso Mon 03-Oct-11 17:08:38

Back in the wardrobe, why on earth would they turn smelly? confused

SuchFunSuchFun Mon 03-Oct-11 17:13:22

Back in the wardrobe here too. Although despite my best efforts DH seems also to prefer the floordrobe!

Love the valet stand, I might have to get one of those as a compromise for him!! (Thanx!!)

Elliptic5 Mon 03-Oct-11 20:12:12

As I am anal and like all my hangers the same way round, I hang them on hangers facing the opposite way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now