Talk

Advanced search

Getting rid of toilet scratches

(4 Posts)
Halbanoo Sat 01-Oct-11 17:52:10

Any tips as to how to remove pencil mark-like scratches from inside the toilet bowl?

I went a little too nuts trying to clean remove layers of gross limescale (Thank you, previous tenants!! angry ) in our new rental and now the toilet looks like a cat clawed its way out from the pipes.

stofstg Sun 02-Oct-11 10:46:17

unfortunately you've probably scratched the porcelin which is probably permanant. I guess the only way to stop it being noticable now will be to keep it sparkingly clean, which probably isn't the answer you want...

Elliptic5 Mon 03-Oct-11 20:23:55

If this has happened because you have used something metal against the porcelain, such as the rim of a toilet brush has scratched against it, these marks can be removed by rubbing gently with fine sandpaper. I was very sceptical when I first read this tip but I tried it very carefully and it actually worked. Hopefully it will for you too.

Halbanoo Tue 04-Oct-11 17:10:14

I ended up trying a paste of some BarKeeper's Friend powder, based on a little GoogleDIY. Seems to have dulled the scratches a bit, so I'll do a second coat later on.

Thanks for the tips smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now