Talk

Advanced search

How can I get my kitchen tiles clean?

(10 Posts)
Homelybird Thu 29-Sep-11 09:54:19

They do not look too bad until you get close. When you inspect them they have greasey splash marks on them, mainly around the cooker.

I have tried most cleaning products, i don't have a steamer. Is there any tips, seriously thinking of just getting rid of them and getting splash back boards instead of tiles.

Any tips welcome,

HettyAmaretti Thu 29-Sep-11 09:57:30

Bang and a microfibre cloth. Let it soak in and rub hard.

Bonsoir Thu 29-Sep-11 09:59:43

Go to your best local ironmonger and ask for an HG brand product to deal with this. You need a "professional" type cleaning product to get rid of old hardened grease. And then use Cillit Bang cleaner for grease on a regular basis!

valiumredhead Thu 29-Sep-11 10:17:39

Hands and knees and a scrubbing brush with a small amount of Fairy liquid.

valiumredhead Thu 29-Sep-11 10:18:28

Oh, I thought you meant FLOOR tiles! grin I still recommend Fairy - cuts through all the grease like it does on plates.

homeaway Thu 29-Sep-11 10:41:41

Bicarbonate of soda with vinegar works wonders on grease. I use it to clean on top of the kitchen cupboards and the on top of the frigde it cuts through all the grime.

HettyAmaretti Thu 29-Sep-11 11:39:17

HG stuff is very good but rather expensive. It will shift it with a little less elbow grease than you'd need to use with Cillit Bang but TBH elbow grease is key.

Homelybird Thu 29-Sep-11 12:29:01

Thanks everyone. I have lots of fairy as it was on offer in asda so I have just spent 1/2 hour scrubbing with undiluted fairy and it looks so much better already. Still needs a bit more work gonna carry on once I get my little girl from pre school, thanks again xx

Homelybird Thu 29-Sep-11 12:29:27

Shit I forget no kisses on mumsnet! Sorry grin

jenni75 Sun 02-Oct-11 16:07:26

Domestos Grotbuster is meant to be good for tiles

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now