Talk

Advanced search

How often do you wash up?

(18 Posts)
AutumnHues Wed 28-Sep-11 21:19:40

I know this may seem like a strange thing to ask but just wondered if everyone washes up straight after meals or do you leave it till later and do it then ?

Birdsgottafly Wed 28-Sep-11 21:54:05

When my DD's were younger i washed up straight away.

I leave the dishes, now until they stack up a bit, as i have a stream of teenagers eating ham/cheese toasties every 10 minutes, or at least it seems like.

Depends on the weather and what's been eaten, really.

AngelDog Wed 28-Sep-11 22:31:20

<waves>

Straight away nowadays. I used to leave it and do it once every day or two. blush Keeping a vaguely shiny sink gives me the motivation to do it straight away now and I find I've got more energy in the kitchen when the worksurface is clear of dirty dishes.

DreamTeamGirl Wed 28-Sep-11 22:55:39

Never, it just goes in dishwasher, rinsed if necessary

I had to have the washing up bowl out the over day for the first time in MONTHS and it looked so ugly. Dont like washing up bowls

Grumpla Wed 28-Sep-11 22:58:17

When I run out of plates. grin

SpanglyGiraffe Wed 28-Sep-11 23:01:35

As soon as i've finished using something.

It feels like i never stop washing up some days, but for me there's nothing worse than having dishes piled up!

flowermonkey Thu 29-Sep-11 09:31:59

After breakfast, lunch and dinner. Wash up and give the kitchen the once over. Makes me feel better!

AutumnHues Thu 29-Sep-11 09:47:46

flowermonkey I would love to do that but I'm very good at procrastinating.
need a good kick up the _ _ _ _.

flowermonkey Thu 29-Sep-11 22:12:06

I'm a brilliant procrastinator too!

I am very good at washing up and washing though. It's just the rest of the house...

AngelDog Thu 29-Sep-11 22:25:18

Have you thought about getting a dishwasher, Autumn?

Ours is a slimline one so it's only half the size of a normal one, which would never fit in our kitchen. I'd even sacrifice one of our freezers for a dishwasher, and I class freezer space as an essential in life.

It doesn't have to be expensive either - we had ours from Freecycle, so it only cost the petrol it took to go and collect it. smile

Chestnutx3 Fri 30-Sep-11 14:48:32

Loads of stuff doesn't go in the dishwasher - wooden spoons, all our pans, water bottles for the kids, breadmaker thing. Baking sheets/baking trays too big/never come out clean if put in the dishwasher.

AutumnHues Fri 30-Sep-11 14:56:20

I just find washing up boring, So the only way I feel I want to do it is if I put some good music on.
Although things look nicer when they are clean. grin

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Fri 30-Sep-11 15:10:48

Mine is when I run out of dishes too blush

Hmm...
Dishwasher...
<dreams>

cat64 Fri 30-Sep-11 15:12:34

Message withdrawn

echt Fri 30-Sep-11 20:16:11

Once day with a full dishwasher.
No rinse of anything, only a scrape, due to water meter and an eye to water restrictions.

I have bugger's job to get DH to put dirty stuff straight in the washer instead of running it under the tap. 1. It's a waste of water. 2. It never gets clean.

Meglet Fri 30-Sep-11 20:18:24

I have a dishwasher.

But big items often stay there for 2/3 days until I get round to it.

Meglet Fri 30-Sep-11 20:19:03

I mean, I dishwash every day. But hate washing up so just leave it until I have no space left on the side.

ggirl Fri 30-Sep-11 20:21:03

after every meal
but have a dishwasher so only actually wash up pots and pans etc
but clear the worktops and table atleast twice a day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now