Talk

Advanced search

those of you who struggle to keep momentum going...

(5 Posts)
booyhoo Mon 26-Sep-11 19:43:13

what is your motivation when you do actually get going? what keeps you going? do you reward yourself?

i'm a struggler. i never used to be, dont ask me what iused to do that was different. i dnt remember cleaning lots or being particularly fussy but my home was spotless. i soo wantto be that person again and just do it without even thjinking about it but i just cant seem to keep it up.

what do you do to keep yourself at it daily, weekly etc?

frenchfancy Mon 26-Sep-11 20:20:33

I invite people round. I am far more likely to clear up for someone else than I am myself. Same goes for DIY - I must get that room finished before my sister comes to stay...

dexter73 Mon 26-Sep-11 22:11:50

I just try and do it as quickly as possible then it is done and I can forget about it.

booyhoo Tue 27-Sep-11 09:28:34

french dont you worry that if you invite someone round that you might notget things done?

frenchfancy Tue 27-Sep-11 13:55:34

No I work best to deadlines, otherwise I just think, never mind I'll do it tomorrow. If I know someone is comeing round then it gives me the drive I need to get things done.

Just don't drop round unnanounced!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now