Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a new sofa - recommendations?

(11 Posts)
RVF400 Mon 26-Sep-11 12:32:56

Just moved house and ideally would like a 4 seater corner sofa to fit into the living room. Never really done this sort of shopping before as most of our current stuff is 2nd hand/donated blush, want something good value but that will last (i.e. preferably not DFS!). No idea where to start looking, any suggestions?

reckoner Mon 26-Sep-11 16:06:35

My sofas are from Furniture Village. The sofas are of good quality leather, comfy and were not too expensive.

flowermonkey Mon 26-Sep-11 22:50:47

We bought this sofa a few months ago from Cargo:-

http://www.cargohomeshop.com/Colorado_Corner_Sofa_RHF_Brown-1/Default.aspx

The weekend we bought it, it was on special offer. Think the sofa and an armchair cost us around £1500. We got it on two years interest free credit.

T'is great! Very comfortable and hard wearing. Cargo sofas also got good recommendations from other MN'ers.

thisisyesterday Mon 26-Sep-11 22:55:49

we got ours from multiyork. they have quality frames (google for what to look for in a sofa frame) and a 15? (maybe 10) year warranty on it.

it's fabulous!

deviladvocate Mon 26-Sep-11 23:08:11

i'll second the multiyork recommendation - we bought two new sofas with 50% off in their sale you can specify the fabric, feet, filling, also they have fixed covers but they zip or velcro on so that they can be replaced easily - multiyork keep the patterns indefinitely so you can order new ones!

a couple of months back i saw a pic of a gorgeous looking corner sofa by linea from house of fraser, we're looking for one too for our basement, we need one that's modular to get it down there - if you come across one do let me know!!

RVF400 Wed 28-Sep-11 19:26:22

Thanks for the recommendations. Multiyork certainly looks lovely, but out of our price range unless we can find a 50% deal like you did deviladvocate. Any tips?
Also like the look of Cargo, does anyone know if their fabric sofas have removable covers?

ceres Wed 28-Sep-11 21:26:12

we also have multiyork sofas. they are around 7 or 8 years old now and look as good as new (or at least they do once you brush the dog hairs off them!)

multiyoir have factory outlets where they sell ex-display furniture - check their website for locations.

Inti Wed 28-Sep-11 21:38:04

Sofa workshop. We got a manray with 50% off as it was ex display. Perfect condition. Thoroughly recommend them

ilikeyoursleeves Wed 28-Sep-11 21:39:20

We just got 2 Next sofas- fab, I love them, very comfy smile

wineandcheese Fri 14-Oct-11 09:44:26

Sofa.com is nice. They have a showroom in Chelsea if you're anywhere near / in London and they have a very generous returns policy if you're not happy with your purchase!

Grumpystiltskin Sat 15-Oct-11 19:38:01

We got ours from Nabru, a small but ace company. Our doors are tiny & we needed a corner sofa that came in pieces. It's great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now