Talk

Advanced search

Fabric conditioner problem

(7 Posts)
FootprintsInTheButter Sun 25-Sep-11 18:27:49

I never thought I'd post on here about something as boring as a fabric conditioner problem! grin

I have a commercial washing machine (not sure if that is relevant) and when I use fabric conditioner in the drawer of the machine it clogs up after every load.

I keep the drawer clean and remove it and rinse it out after every load, well I have to now. Surely I shouldn't need to do this.

I use powder in the middle section of the drawer and fabric conditioner in the right hand section. Left bit is for prewash and I don't use that. I've tried reducing the amount of powder I use, in case it was swishing over into the conditioner section therefore causing a block, but it doesn't seem to be that.

Any ideas?

BikeRunSki Sun 25-Sep-11 18:52:35

Dump the fabric conditioner and use white vinegar instead. Works a treat!

bessie26 Sun 25-Sep-11 19:04:25

?? Really? How much?

wellwisher Sun 25-Sep-11 19:09:34

In most machines the fabric conditioner goes in the middle and the powder on the left - are you sure you're using yours correctly? What make/model do you have? The fabric conditioner compartment usually has a little flower on it.

wandawings Sun 25-Sep-11 21:49:55

Wellwisher - all machines I've used have had the same set up as the OP smile

bessie26 Sun 25-Sep-11 22:53:47

My machine is the same as wellwisher, but was different on my previous machine, they all do it differently to confuse us!

BikeRunSki Sun 25-Sep-11 23:14:21

Similar measure to what you'd use of fabric conditioner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now